Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:52:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What is the better homefield advantage?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Poll
Question: Better homefield advantage
Summer   -5 (35.7%)
Winter   -9 (64.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: What is the better homefield advantage?  (Read 5820 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2018, 01:15:31 am »

People always complain about heat+humidity, and I've been in Miami when it's 90 degrees and raining... it's definitely disgusting.  But 100+ with wind is no picnic either; it's like a hair dryer in your face as a heat lamp shines on you.  When you're wearing dark pants and you have to continually rub them to cool them down enough to stop burning you, that seems at least as bad as any humidity I've ever been in.

Southeast heat vs. Southwest heat basically comes to what your preference is (or isn't): sauna vs. oven.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2018, 07:57:37 am »

I felt like I was in a convection oven standing in the monorail terminal

The monorail in Vegas isn't air conditioned??

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2018, 08:51:51 am »

The first time I stepped off the plane in Iraq it was 118.  Someone said it was a "dry heat".    I replied, "An oven is dry heat too, but I don't want to spend the next 6 months in one of those, either."
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2018, 08:53:47 am »

The monorail in Vegas isn't air conditioned??

Not the terminals
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2018, 10:14:06 am »

I've never been to Las Vegas but I do realize there is a reason they don't hold sporting events in the desert. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2018, 10:36:30 am »

I've never been to Las Vegas but I do realize there is a reason they don't hold sporting events in the desert. hahaha

Some one needs to tell that to FIFA.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 10:47:39 am »

Some one needs to tell that to FIFA.
They knew that too but felt the bribes made it worth risking.  Shocked

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2018, 08:23:27 am »

Hopefully the Raiders will build a domed stadium or at least one with a retractable dome.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2018, 09:28:00 am »

Hopefully the Raiders will build a domed stadium or at least one with a retractable dome.

http://bfy.tw/JgU6

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 09:01:55 pm »

With the Dolphins opening the season 2-0, it got me a little optimistic so I decided to look at their schedule.  I was happy to see their only cold weather game this year is the last week of the season against the Bills.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 10:58:26 am »

Patriots sideline topped 120 degrees yesterday in Jax even though the game started at 4:20 pm. Not sure if it hurt them but it certainly didn't help them. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 01:29:27 pm »

Jax was wearing their darks, so NE was better off than they might have been.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »

Patriots sideline topped 120 degrees yesterday in Jax even though the game started at 4:20 pm. Not sure if it hurt them but it certainly didn't help them. 
I thought I saw a graphic that Brady is like 1-8 when the temperature is over 87 degrees.

EDIT:  It's 1-6...here's a graphic from before the JAX game...also look who's on that list the most Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:17:52 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 03:07:53 pm »

.also look who's on that list the most Cheesy

Not exactly a shocker that most of Brady’s hot weather games are in Mia rather than Buffalo or NJ. 

I am also okay with the idea Brady’s archillies heal being hot weather as it is rarely an issue in the post season. (AFCCG against Colts being an exception)

Patriots recovered from several of those games to later in the season hoist a Lombardi later in the season so I am not sweating the lose.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2018, 02:20:41 pm »

Following the Dolphins win over the vaunted Bears Defense yesterday, the talking heads this morning were putting a lot of credit to the heat.  Rex Ryan in particular called early season games in Miami one of the best home field advantages in the NFL that's rarely talked about; pointing out how the visiting team is in the sun the entire afternoon.  They indicated they believed the Bears' defense was gassed in the second half, which led to a big advantage for Miami.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray