Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:45:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Which coaches are on the hot seat and who will be fired first?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Which coaches are on the hot seat and who will be fired first?  (Read 6959 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 02:10:23 pm »

Hue's got a pretty loaded team vs Brown's teams in the past, I agree with Stroke, 8-8.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 02:43:31 pm »

I know a certain coach in these parts where the seat is really hot.  It's playoffs or bust

^They really should have fired him already if you ask me.

After Sunday, that seat has cooled down some.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 03:08:00 pm »

^No thanks to Jameis...Fitzmagic to the rescue!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 06:11:38 pm »

I think that if Cleveland gets to 8-8 this year, after going 1-31 the past two years...Hue is safe.

Hue is one win away from having a second consecutive season of improvement.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 07:19:44 pm »

Matt Patricia's seat is already warm.  Granted he'll get another season, but I don't think he is a very good coach.  The Patsies' defenses really weren't that great under him, and that was with defensive guru BB as HC.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 08:18:47 pm »

Matt Patricia's seat is already warm.  Granted he'll get another season, but I don't think he is a very good coach.  The Patsies' defenses really weren't that great under him, and that was with defensive guru BB as HC.

He has coached one game.  Way too early to be warm.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 09:18:08 pm »

Hue is one win away from having a second consecutive season of improvement.
This would be his first season of improvement, as 2017's 0-16 was not an improvement from 2016's 1-15.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 10:08:43 am »

I'm not sure he had that much to work with when he got there.  Detroit as a team tends to be patient with their coaches they kept Schwartz and Mohrningweg around forever before the ax finally came down on them.  I;m sure he'll get a couple years to try to build something out of it

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 10:09:05 am »

Lol ... if he doesn't get better than that then a second season is not guaranteed. No new coaches won this week going 0-7 but his was by far the worst.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 11:13:28 am »

Not necessarily. The locker room is already blowing up publicly. Anything could be possible.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »

Not necessarily. The locker room is already blowing up publicly. Anything could be possible.

Agreed.  It doesn't matter the record or tenure.  If you lose the locker room, you gotta go.  You can't have a player munity.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2018, 03:33:17 pm »

Agreed.  It doesn't matter the record or tenure.  If you lose the locker room, you gotta go.  You can't have a player munity.

I think this is probably true.  Once you lose the players, it doesn't matter if you're right.  Unless the owner is going to keep you and overhaul the squad, which you basically never see.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2018, 04:22:44 pm »

I seem to recall Coughlin having pretty much lost the locker room the season prior to winning the Super Bowl.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2018, 06:29:08 pm »

The thing about it is they let Caldwell go after back to back 9-7 seasons (the first time they've had 2 consecutive winning seasons since 1994-1995); and other than Stafford they really didn't have any star players that I can think of.  Their attendance last year was the highest in 12 years, maybe longer I didn't go back further.

So...I really don't think they are going to put up with much regression, unless of course their plan is to really stink and get a top draft pick to replace Stafford for cheap money.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2018, 09:24:31 am »

Hue's got a pretty loaded team vs Brown's teams in the past, I agree with Stroke, 8-8.

Here's the question though... If, after battling Pittsburgh to a tie in week 1, Cleveland goes on the road in week 2 and beats a stout Saints team. Now, they are 1-0-1, after facing two teams that were arguably in most folks' preseason top-5 SB contenders lists. Don't you pretty much have to take Cleveland seriously at that point?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray