Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:31:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Which coaches are on the hot seat and who will be fired first?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Which coaches are on the hot seat and who will be fired first?  (Read 6863 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2018, 04:11:07 pm »

Here's the question though... If, after battling Pittsburgh to a tie in week 1, Cleveland goes on the road in week 2 and beats a stout Saints team. Now, they are 1-0-1, after facing two teams that were arguably in most folks' preseason top-5 SB contenders lists. Don't you pretty much have to take Cleveland seriously at that point?

It took Cleveland having a +5 in turnovers to eek out a tie.  I'd be surprised if Cleveland lost by less than 20 pts. this week.  But even if they beat the Saints I can't take them seriously.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2018, 04:27:01 pm »

It took Cleveland having a +5 in turnovers to eek out a tie.  I'd be surprised if Cleveland lost by less than 20 pts. this week.  But even if they beat the Saints I can't take them seriously.

I've actually watched that game twice now (original broadcast and abbreviated NFLN version yesterday), and Cleveland just doesn't look like the old Cleveland any more.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2018, 04:37:09 pm »

I've actually watched that game twice now (original broadcast and abbreviated NFLN version yesterday), and Cleveland just doesn't look like the old Cleveland any more.

I'm just bitter because I thought they would be a surprise team last year and win 6 or 7 games. lol  I'd actually like to see the franchise do well so I can harass some of my Steeler friends.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 02:44:59 pm »

And the winner is Mike Smith or is this contest for head coaches only?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 02:47:06 pm »

Though not explicit, I assumed it was for head coach.  You'll see coordinators and the like dropped while a head coach tries to keep his job.

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2018, 08:34:14 am »

Though not explicit, I assumed it was for head coach.  You'll see coordinators and the like dropped while a head coach tries to keep his job.

Koetter was adamant in his presser that it was his call to fire Smith.  And if you really believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2018, 11:58:40 am »

Looks like the Browns are the winner in the head coach getting fired first sweepstakes. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2018, 12:50:22 pm »

Obviously Hue Jackson, he'll be gone at some point; unless the Browns miraculously win 9 or 10 games.

Mike McCarthy in Green Bay needs to have a great season, and run at a Super Bowl.  It's been eight years since they've been to the SB, and there is a new GM in town.

congratulations to masterfins

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2018, 01:41:34 pm »

congratulations to masterfins
I did say he was the worst head coach out there but underestimated Cleveland's front office. They fired Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley as well.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2018, 03:05:50 pm »

I did say he was the worst head coach out there but underestimated Cleveland's front office. They fired Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley as well.

And Gregg Williams becomes the interim.   Which I expected.   The defense is actually pretty good while the offense sucks ass. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2018, 07:31:24 pm »

Obviously Hue Jackson, he'll be gone at some point; unless the Browns miraculously win 9 or 10 games.

Mike McCarthy in Green Bay needs to have a great season, and run at a Super Bowl.  It's been eight years since they've been to the SB, and there is a new GM in town.

I'm 2 for 2 on my preseason predictions.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2018, 09:00:16 pm »

I'm 2 for 2 on my preseason predictions.

Mike McCarthy fired, replaced by former Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin in the interim

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2018, 05:46:04 pm »

Next up in the Hot Seat(s) for coaches leaving to spend more time with their families, I predict:

Marvin Lewis - Hasn't got it done, and now with injuries to Red and Green they are terrible.

Dirk Koetter - Tampa seems to be all over the place from week to week, they need a new HC.

Todd Bowles - Sure the Jets have lots of holes, but they've been bad for years.  I see them wanting to get a HC that can work with Darnold.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2018, 12:19:55 am »

Next up in the Hot Seat(s) for coaches leaving to spend more time with their families, I predict:

Marvin Lewis - Hasn't got it done, and now with injuries to Red and Green they are terrible.

Dirk Koetter - Tampa seems to be all over the place from week to week, they need a new HC.

Todd Bowles - Sure the Jets have lots of holes, but they've been bad for years.  I see them wanting to get a HC that can work with Darnold.

The Jets and Bucs wasted no time.   Both Koetter and Bowles are available to the industry

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2018, 09:52:09 am »

Wilks is. out of AZ and Joseph is done in Denver.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray