Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:53:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jalen Ramsey: Danny Amendola “is terrible”
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jalen Ramsey: Danny Amendola “is terrible”  (Read 1329 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 31, 2018, 10:51:21 am »

I'm a fan of Jalen but he is getting much harder to like. He talks way too much.

“He just got a brand-new contract and he is terrible,” Ramsey told Mina Kimes regarding Amendola. “People think he’s so great. No, he’s not. Tom [Brady] made him look good. Tom could take me as a receiver and I’d be a first-team All-Pro.”

Kind of funny considering Amendola scored two TDs against them in the 4th quarter to beat the Jags. I hope Amendola scores 15 TDs to lead the league this year! hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 10:55:48 am »

I care a lot about how professional football players perform on the field.  I care very little about what professional football players have to say. About any topic. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 11:02:46 am »

Jalen said a lot about a lot of players.  I wouldn’t put too much stock in any of it. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 11:39:03 am »

I guess we'll see if Ramsey was wrong, or if Amendola is like nearly every other NE receiver once they leave Tom Brady's sweet caress.

I'm inclined to agree with Ramsey.  Hopefully I am also proven wrong.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 01:33:11 pm »

I care a lot about how professional football players perform on the field.  I care very little about what professional football players have to say. About any topic. 
I guess we'll see if Ramsey was wrong, or if Amendola is like nearly every other NE receiver once they leave Tom Brady's sweet caress.

I'm inclined to agree with Ramsey.  Hopefully I am also proven wrong.

Both of these really..While I don't think Amendola is "terrible" (it's the word terrible) but I think he'll be a disappointment to many fans.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 01:43:45 pm »

hahaha ... Tony Dungy had this to say about him.

“I hope one of Jalen Ramsey’s coaches or teammates tells him that he is a player and not a broadcaster at this point in his career,” Dungy said on Twitter in the aftermath of Ramsey’s latest critique of rival players to ESPN The Magazine. “He’s a great player. He needs to concentrate on his job and leave the analysis of other players to the media.”

I can't imagine Tom Coughlin is happy with it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 02:05:55 pm »

What kind of expectations do they have on Amendola?  I saw him purely as a chain mover, and if he's more than that, then great.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:53:47 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 02:47:49 pm »

Both of these really..While I don't think Amendola is "terrible" (it's the word terrible) but I think he'll be a disappointment to many fans.

I agree.  He isn't terrible.  But I do expect drop off.  Rarely do you see a player leave NE and improve. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 03:00:05 pm »

Take a close look at some of the stats of WR's that supposedly became superstars after they left their previous team and went to New England and I think you'll be shocked that for most of them things didn't change that much except for 1 player. Wes Welker turned into an absolute stud when he went to New England from Miami which probably had as much to do with Miami as it did New England. Amendola improved, but I don't see a big difference. 2010 and 2012 with the Rams Amendola was comparable to what he did in New England. Randy Moss was a stud at Minnesota before coming to New England the fact that the Raiders couldn't get anything from him again was probably their fault. Who else? Chris Hogan? Brandon Cooks had better seasons in New Orleans. Who am I forgetting? Edelman has been with NE the whole time so there's nothing to compare him to. I'm not saying that Tom doesn't help, but this is more myth then legend. Notice that I'm comparing the player prior to NE and then in NE and not NE and then after NE. That's because people don't leave NE in their prime, they leave at the end of their career if they leave at all. Obviously there's going to be a drop off at the end of their career. I don't expect Amendola to put up numbers for 3 years, but he might have 1 decent season left in him.

Seas--Team-----GM-GS-Rec-Yds-Avg-Lng-TD
2017   Patriots  15   8   61   659 10.8 27   2
2016   Patriots  12   4   23   243 10.6 32   4
2015   Patriots  14   7   65   648 10    41   3
2014   Patriots  16   4   27   200 7.4   21   1
2013   Patriots  12   6   54   633 11.7 57   2
2012   Rams     11   8   63   666 10.6 56   3
2011   Rams     1     1   5     45   9     18   0   
2010   Rams     16   6   85   689  8.1  36   3
2009   Rams     14   2   43   326  7.6  25   1

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:11:07 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 03:17:17 pm »

Who else? Chris Hogan? Who am I forgetting? I'm not saying that Tom doesn't help, but this is more myth then legend.

Reche Caldwell, Randy Moss, Dion Branch, David Givens, David Patten

Brandon LaFell has is best season in NE although it wasn't earth shattering better. 

Martellus Bennett had better seasons before coming to NE but he had a very nice rebound after declining a lot.   

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 03:29:14 pm »

Reche Caldwell, Randy Moss, Dion Branch, David Givens, David Patten

Brandon LaFell has is best season in NE although it wasn't earth shattering better. 

Martellus Bennett had better seasons before coming to NE but he had a very nice rebound after declining a lot.   

Randy Moss' best years were with Minnesotta. Branch's best years were in New England but he had a couple of nice years in Seattle too with a run first oriented team. Givens played 1 season outside of New England, hard to judge that. Patten had 500 receiving yards with the Browns before coming to New England and only marginally better in New England. He also had nearly 800 yards in New Orleans in only 5 starts afterwards. Again I'm not saying that Brady doesn't help, but it's not quite the way we have been lead to believe that everyone that goes to New England turns to gold and is shit everywhere else. That's a myth.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 06:16:12 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 03:37:57 pm »

I agree.  He isn't terrible.  But I do expect drop off.  Rarely do you see a player leave NE and improve. 
I absolutely agree there will probably be a drop off but he won't be terrible.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 03:41:05 pm »

I don't expect him to carry the franchise but I do expect Amendola to do well. He is as blue collar as you get and always strives to get better. I don't see him being content and regressing.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray