Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:03:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Greg Joseph era is over and other cuts and trades
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Greg Joseph era is over and other cuts and trades  (Read 907 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 31, 2018, 03:00:59 pm »

First report Dolphin cut, during cut down weekend. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 08:27:59 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 03:44:04 pm »

He did very well and will be picked up sooner rather than later. I'm actually surprised. If Sanders didn't convert that 56-yard field goal I believe he would have been gone. I hope we didn't keep Sanders only because we drafted him and end up regretting this.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:06:50 pm »

He did very well and will be picked up sooner rather than later. I'm actually surprised. If Sanders didn't convert that 56-yard field goal I believe he would have been gone. I hope we didn't keep Sanders only because we drafted him and end up regretting this.

With only a few exceptions if a UDFA is competing with a drafted player the UDFA needs to be undeniably better to win the contest.  If it is close to even the drafted player wins. 

This actually makes some sense.  When deciding who to keep Chris Grier didn't just look at the preseason games and camp practices he also looked at what each player accomplished in four years of college games.  And the same body of work that led the Dolphins to draft Sanders and not Joseph was part of the analysis in which preseason was added to comparison.  In order for Joseph or any UDFA to win they need to be so compelling that the GM either had to question the analysis that led the team not to draft the guy, or seriously question what was going on at the college that such a talented player was grossly under performing. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 08:29:52 pm »

Dolphins trade DB Jordan Lucas to Chiefs in exchange for seventh-round draft pick

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray