Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:59:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Destiny 2 - Forsaken
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Destiny 2 - Forsaken  (Read 1867 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: September 04, 2018, 04:07:18 pm »

Anyone gonna play this? I'm thinking about purchasing. I played up till first expansion, thinking about getting back into it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 04:44:07 pm »

Destiny left a bad taste in my mouth after the first one.  I bought every expansion there was except the last.  Nickel and dime the hell out of the consumer for mostly the same content re-skinned. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 04:59:00 pm »

Yeah, I'm not exactly thrilled with the pricing either, but I'm fairly happy with the game itself. The way Bungie is pricing this is that you can pay for the base game and each of the expansions separately or you can pay to bundle them together. The problem is that the bundled packages tend to be nearly as expensive as just purchasing everything separately, so where is the incentive to do this? On top of this it's very confusing when going to their website, if you are not careful you could easily purchase a bundle that already includes software that you already own. There's a warning about it in the fine print, but why not do like Blizzard does and keep track of what I have already purchased and only charge me for those pieces that I don't already own? It would cost me as much to upgrade to Forsaken as it would for someone to purchase everything for the first time. That's not a way to endear yourself to your customers.

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 03:25:51 pm »

I know im Late but Im on D@ Forsaken

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 03:45:37 pm »

When Destiny 2 first came out I was skeptical so I didn't purchase it however my son had pre-ordered it after having played in the beta. He only played a short time and lost interest so I started playing using his Blizzard user-id/password. I enjoyed it enough to purchase the first expansion Osiris and play that a bit too still using his account however I had not purchased the 3rd expansion Warmind. When the Forsaken expansion was released I thought about getting up to date however it was going to cost me $58 to get current ($19 for Warmind and $39 for Forsaken) whereas I could get the game and all the expansions in a bundle for $59 using my Blizzard user-id/password so instead I did that. By doing that I had to start from scratch again and I have now gotten all 3 classes up to the first expansion and I'm starting to go through that again so it will take me a little while before I get to the actual Forsaken content, but I have found enough changes to the game play that I'm really enjoying it. I think Bungie has done a really good job with this game. Again, I'm not thrilled with the pricing structure, but they have done a good job with game itself.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 08:07:03 am »

Not being a gamer, at first I read that as "Destiny 2 - Foreskin".    I was like "wtf?" 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 05:43:47 pm »

Not being a gamer, at first I read that as "Destiny 2 - Foreskin".    I was like "wtf?" 
Dude get your mind out of the gutter.  Roll Eyes

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 11:37:19 am »

D2 is free on PS+ right now...download before october
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 11:45:59 am »

It's free to download on PC now through the 18th. Just login and download it from Blizzard's launcher.

CalvinDil

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 06:46:06 am »

Not being a gamer, at first I took off my fantastic insulated hunting boots and read that as "Destiny 2 - Foreskin".    I was like "wtf?"  

That's called inadvertently creating a Destiny pron genre. You're a genius, Dolphster.

Anyone still playing Forsaken? Are you in a clan or lone wolfing? My clan imploded recently and I have no one to play with. haha
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 11:05:14 am by CalvinDil » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 11:21:10 am »

I play but I'm pretty much a lone wolf too. I just joined some random clan for the hell of it.  Evil

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 12:21:41 pm »

i've been playing since it was free on PC from blizzard .. then they had  a black friday sale and you could get forsaken for 29 .. so all i paid for the game and  all expansions was 29
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray