Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:49:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Titans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Titans  (Read 6061 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 05:23:51 pm »

It appears that we're talking about the Tannehill pick,in the endzone to Gesicki?

Gesicki was going down,and yes it was a bad throw,*Gase said today that the ball slipped out of Tannehill's hand as he was throwing it...

So the whole play seemed to go to shit,while it sucks we were able to overcome it...

*Gase/Tannehill haters can argue if it did or didn't just passing on what I read

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 10:30:37 am »

Maybe they should have run that play a couple times in preseason...you know to work the kinks out? Nah, don't want to give anything away to the defense. Whatever.
I've heard a lot of talking heads discussing how many players sat out the preseason and looked rusty this past weekend. I wonder if we will see more players playing like Brady did next season. Everyone knows this is a huge copycat league.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 11:40:01 am »

That appeared to be on the receiver.  He dives to nowhere.  It might not've been a perfect throw, but it wasn't interception-worthy.  The receiver just lays down inexplicably.

And if it's the worst mistake he made the whole game especially given the circumstances I'm not really that upset.  It's just that we HAVE to nominate SOMEBODY and I can't really make a logical argument about why we should blame God or Climate change or whatever else you want to attribute the weather to.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 11:48:14 am »

I've heard a lot of talking heads discussing how many players sat out the preseason and looked rusty this past weekend. I wonder if we will see more players playing like Brady did next season. Everyone knows this is a huge copycat league.
I heard Troy Aikman on the radio this morning discussing it as well. Apparently he commented during the Cowboys game that they sat a lot of players throughout the preseason and they didn't look good and he took some flack for that. On the radio he clarified that his comments were not related only to the Cowboys but to the league as a whole with the trend toward sitting out players. He said that he understood that they are trying to protect players but he also said that the players need to work on stuff at game speed against live opponents and you just don't get that in practice. Now he also said he doesn't think they need 4 games to do that, that 2 would be enough as long as the starters actually played in those 2 games instead of playing all these guys that aren't even gonna make a roster. Aikman said it would never happen because the owners would lose money, but the league would be better off for it. I totally agree with this. 2 games. Get some real work in during the preseason. Get rid of all the unnecessary crap. If you want to extend the season put in another bye week and keep it at 16 games.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:49:47 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:15 pm »

It's just that we HAVE to nominate SOMEBODY

No you don't.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 05:11:31 pm »

I've watched the play several times now and to me it does not appear that Gisecki slipped, it looked to me like he thought the ball was going to go over Butler's head and he was leaning/diving to a spot where he thought the ball would be thrown before he realized the ball was well short of where it should have been and it was too late to do anything about it. I'd put this one on Tannehill and in fact he himself said the ball slipped out of his hand.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 06:59:03 pm »

Disclaimer: I did not watch the game.  I have watched an approx. 9 minute highlight reel, and an approximate 9 minutes of all of Tannehill's pass attempts.

I also dislike the SOTG after a win, but I'm going with Special Teams Coordinator Darren Rizzi and kicker Jason Sanders.  IMO, it was Sanders' short kick off that led to the return for a touchdown, in addition to poor special teams coverage.  Sanders was Rizzi's choice for kicker this year so it primarily lands on his shoulders.  Hopefully this won't continue to be a problem.  I think I may have given Rizzi an SOTG last year, I'll have to check.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 12:53:06 pm »

It appears that we're talking about the Tannehill pick,in the endzone to Gesicki?

Gesicki was going down,and yes it was a bad throw,*Gase said today that the ball slipped out of Tannehill's hand as he was throwing it...

So the whole play seemed to go to shit,while it sucks we were able to overcome it...

*Gase/Tannehill haters can argue if it did or didn't just passing on what I read

I thought Butler made a really nice play on the ball as well. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 12:55:35 pm »

It's just that we HAVE to nominate SOMEBODY

Actually...no.  A win is a win, it's really hard to do in this league.  I don't care if they beat Cleveland at home as time expires in OT with a field goal after blowing a 20 point lead.  As long as they win.  Get me that "W" and I'm all good with you, Miami.

All of you.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2018, 02:14:54 pm »

No you don't.

Amen to this.

Why is it that some people just aren't happy unless they're unhappy about something?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 07:21:21 am »

Have I mentioned in my 15 or so years moderating these boards how much I loathe the "shame of the game" thread when Miami wins?

In every win there are things worthy of game balls and in every loss there were fuck ups. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray