Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)  (Read 45876 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: September 07, 2018, 03:39:57 pm »

Protest in a nutshell for those who don’t get it.  And we don’t at this point know the races of these two people.  The problem is cops are not held accountable when they murder.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-fatally-shoots-man-entering-wrong-apartment-believing/story?id=57667361

Anybody else enters someone’s home and shoots them and says, “oops, wrong apartment “ gets arrested for murder.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 03:58:08 pm »

Protest in a nutshell for those who don’t get it.  And we don’t at this point know the races of these two people.  The problem is cops are not held accountable when they murder.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/officer-fatally-shoots-man-entering-wrong-apartment-believing/story?id=57667361

Anybody else enters someone’s home and shoots them and says, “oops, wrong apartment “ gets arrested for murder.

Dallas police seek manslaughter warrant against officer who killed neighbor

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dallas-officer-enters-apartment-she-mistakes-her-own-fatally-shoots-n907411

You were saying?  The phony outrage is getting old man.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 04:05:14 pm »

Should have been arrested at the scene.  Should be charged with murder, not manslaughter.  Anything else is treating her differently than anyone else.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 04:36:44 pm »

Should have been arrested at the scene.  Should be charged with murder, not manslaughter.  Anything else is treating her differently than anyone else.

Sure buddy, whatever you say  Roll Eyes
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »

Isn't murder premeditated? Just maybe she made an actual mistake. She should be punished, but murder? Nah...

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 07:41:53 pm »

Isn't murder premeditated? Just maybe she made an actual mistake. She should be punished, but murder? Nah...

No.  1st degree is premeditated. 2nd degree is intend to kill or reckless disregard for human life.  Manslaughter is negligent homocide. 

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 12:48:42 am »

No.  1st degree is premeditated. 2nd degree is intend to kill or reckless disregard for human life.  Manslaughter is negligent homocide. 

This sounds like an honest mistake.  That would make it manslaughter

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 06:27:58 am »

This sounds like an honest mistake.  That would make it manslaughter

She intended to kill. And I am not buying honest mistake, people don’t accidentally walk into the wrong apartment and not notice the furniture is wrong and start shooting.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 09:10:25 am »

Oh she definitely meant to kill that guy.  That’s no mistake

I drink your milkshake!
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 10:02:16 am »

Oh she definitely meant to kill that guy.  That’s no mistake

But she went into the wrong apartment and thought it was hers and she was being burglarized.  That was the mistake.  If she wasn't a cop, would this be a big deal?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 04:46:54 pm »

But she went into the wrong apartment and thought it was hers and she was being burglarized.  That was the mistake.
Complete BS.

You walk into the wrong place and your response is that someone has "burglarized your home" by replacing all of your furniture, pictures, etc. with different ones?

This does not pass the smell test.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 07:21:15 pm »

If she wasn't a cop, would this be a big deal?

Okay, let’s flip it.  Jean enters the police officers apartment, kills her and claims that he thought it was his apartment.

Would he be allowed to leave the scene pending a later warrant for manslaughter or would he been immediately arrested on home invasion and murder?

Would the name of the shooter be withheld to protect the accused privacy?

Would the right be claiming this is an unfortunate mistake or be demanding a wall be built between the US and St. Lucia?

Would the police department say they have more questions than answers or would they call this a case of an immigrant murdering a cop in her own home?

The problem goes well beyond what she did to how she is being treated in relationship to how anyone else would be treated.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 10:39:34 am »

So, what some of you are claiming is that this person purposefully just walked into a strangers dwelling and murdered him out of the blue? What's the motive? Unless there's some info we don't know about or some history between the two. Then I'm not buying that scenario.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 11:00:24 am »

I'm confused by both parties. Who walks into the wrong apartment? Who leaves an apartment door unlocked? I lived in one for a couple years and I just can't fathom doing either.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 11:16:28 am »

I'm confused by both parties. Who walks into the wrong apartment? Who leaves an apartment door unlocked? I lived in one for a couple years and I just can't fathom doing either.
In my opinion, exterior apartments, it would be harder to walk into the wrong unit. Apartments with interior corridors would be easier to mistake.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray