Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:14:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print
Author Topic: Dallas police officer enters man's apartment and shoots him (split from anthem thread)  (Read 45912 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2019, 10:21:35 am »

Another white Texas cop murders AA in own home.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fort-worth-police-shooting/index.html

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #271 on: October 13, 2019, 12:40:42 pm »

There I fixed it for you so you don't look like a race baiting liberal nutjob.

Another white Texas cop murders AA citizen in own home.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/12/us/fort-worth-police-shooting/index.html

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2019, 03:19:15 pm »

I don't see color!

Unless it's people receiving welfare or murder victims in Chicago.  Then I see color all the time.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2019, 06:22:46 pm »

There I fixed it for you so you don't look like a race baiting liberal nutjob.

Stating the facts, is your version of being a nut job. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2019, 08:54:30 pm »

So let's clarify the details:

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article236067328.html

28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson was at home playing video games with her 8-year-old nephew.  A neighbor saw that the front door was open (with the screen door closed, and lights on in the house) late at night, which was unusual, so he called a non-emergency number for a welfare check.  Police were dispatched, but treated the call like a burglary instead of a welfare check, silently creeping around the house with their flashlights.  Ms. Jefferson thought she heard a prowler, and got up to check.  The police officer saw a silhouette pass by a window, yelled “Put your hands up! Show me your hands!” (without identifying himself as police), and shot her less than one second later.

Fort Worth police later reported that they found a weapon in her home.  In Texas.  She was no angel, I'm sure.

The police in our country are broken.  I'm not sure if it's even possible to fix it in our lifetimes.  Any person of color who calls the police is potentially sending in a hit on whomever they are calling about.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2019, 03:03:06 pm »

I feel terrible for the neighbor  but they never should have involved police in this.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2019, 03:13:32 pm »

In my suburban town police do multiple welfare checks, suspicious activities calls every day.  Nobody gets shot.  This wasn't the neighbors fault.  Blaming the neighbor goes completely against "see something, say something".  Which should not include "BBQing while black"

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2019, 03:39:07 pm »

I feel terrible for the neighbor  but they never should have involved police in this.
I disagree. If the door is open the police should investigate. Obviously none of us know the whole story yet but in no case should an innocent person be shot.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2019, 04:26:39 am »

I feel terrible for the neighbor  but they never should have involved police in this.
Sadly, for many in this country, calling the police for help is more dangerous than whatever you may need help from.  Police have been trained to shoot first and blame the victim later.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2019, 09:25:24 am »

While this new police story sucks, I find the circumstances to be very different than the previous.  

I don't feel that a murder charge is justified in this case.  (assuming that other details don't arise)

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2019, 10:00:24 am »

While this new police story sucks, I find the circumstances to be very different than the previous.  

I don't feel that a murder charge is justified in this case.  (assuming that other details don't arise)

The only details that could make this anything other than murder is if the victim knew that the intruders were LEO rather than burglers AND she was pointing the gun at the officer AND the officer couldn't take cover. 

She had a right to defend her home so unless she knew they were police she had every right to point a gun at intruders.

If there were flashing blue lights she could see, he was wearing a shirt with reflective letters saying "Police" and she was pointing the gun directly at him or someone else, than he has s self-defense argument.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2019, 10:37:01 am »

^ I don't agree.

I don't believe that the facts, as I understand them, lend to an act of malice.

I don't believe that the police officer entered this person's home, trying to kill the person that lived there.  This seems like poor police work, a system of racial injustice that caused this officer to feel scared and spooked when it wasn't justified, but not a case of a cold-blooded killer.

This stuff doesn't happen in a vaccuum, though, so it's hard to look at each case individually.  White cops killing black people unjustly is far too common.  But in this case, the guy was a bad cop -- not a murderer.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:19 am »

^ I don't agree.

I don't believe that the facts, as I understand them, lend to an act of malice.

I don't believe that the police officer entered this person's home, trying to kill the person that lived there.  This seems like poor police work, a system of racial injustice that caused this officer to feel scared and spooked when it wasn't justified, but not a case of a cold-blooded killer.

This stuff doesn't happen in a vaccuum, though, so it's hard to look at each case individually.  White cops killing black people unjustly is far too common.  But in this case, the guy was a bad cop -- not a murderer.

Malice. is not sn element of 2nd degree murder, he intended to kill.  He absolutely meets the prima facie elements of murder.  His defense rests on creating a self defense argument.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2019, 11:04:14 am »

^ Right.

He thought she was a danger to him.  He likely mistook her as threat to his life.  Wrongfully.  It doesn't make it OK, and there need to be consequences, but putting this guy in jail for murder isn't justice, in my opinion.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2019, 11:11:51 am »

Charge him with murder, offer a voluntary manslaughter plea.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray