Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:46:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Former Dolphins Vontae Davis Retires...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Former Dolphins Vontae Davis Retires...  (Read 3118 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: September 16, 2018, 05:23:36 pm »

At half time of the Bills Game today...Just Quit on the team...
https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1041431940287610892
Chris Mortensen tweet,and others...
Word is Vontae Davis put on his street clothes at half, said he was quitting and left the stadium, per another source

Huh Wow, I loved the guy that replied to the initial Tweet..."Did he have to call Grandma?"   Cheesy

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:49:38 pm »

What an asshole.  He should never be allowed anywhere near a football field again.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:04:13 pm »

Couldn't have happened to a better team
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 02:00:57 am »

I would have preferred it happen to the Jets.
But it's still a great story.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 09:12:32 am »

perhaps his Fruity Pebbles were not slam-dunk delicious enough?  I don't know this is the most bizarre case of a player retiring I've ever heard of.  It's more strange than when Terry Pendleton walked off the field in the middle of a Braves game.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 10:56:27 am »

perhaps his Fruity Pebbles were not slam-dunk delicious enough?  I don't know this is the most bizarre case of a player retiring I've ever heard of.  It's more strange than when Terry Pendleton walked off the field in the middle of a Braves game.
Completely different reason. As the leader of the team Pendleton walk off because he was angry his pitchers weren't retaliating for Deion Sanders getting hit. Davis abandoned his teammates when they needed him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 01:49:09 pm »

I will probably be in the minority, but this doesn't bother me.  I'd prefer that he not leave the stadium, but I have no qualms with him realizing that he's not cut out for it and hanging it up right there.  ...no reason to put your body on the line one second longer.

And if he left so that he wouldn't be talked back into a career that's damaging him, I understand that, too.  It's just a job.  Lots of people don't wait to quit until the end of the workday.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 02:53:45 pm »

I agree with Dave, while he could have handled it better, I suspect that others have handled it worse yet didn’t get criticized.  E.g. fake an injury, needlessly occupy a roster spot until the team puts you on IR, collect money you didn’t earn and then retire the following season after you get cut.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 03:55:37 pm »

That would be a great actor that could fake an injury bad enough to fool a professional football team's medical staff with their X rays, MRIS, etc.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 04:13:34 pm »

That would be a great actor that could fake an injury bad enough to fool a professional football team's medical staff with their X rays, MRIS, etc.

“I am in pain”. MRI or X-ray can’t disprove that.  No medical professional is going to force an athlete that claims an injury that he must play.  The medical staff might tell the coach they think he is faking, but they aren’t going to put him on the field. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 04:15:12 pm »

You don't need to fake an x-ray.  Ask Andrew Luck; the Colts' medical staff "cleared" him, but he was still feeling pain and didn't go.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 04:15:17 pm »

Not at all. You can fake many injuries like throwing your back out. There is no test to see if you actually pulled muscles. Pinched nerves yes, damaged disk yes ... but not muscles. Could of faked a concussion, stinger, dizziness, or headache.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 04:27:36 pm »

Not at all. You can fake many injuries like throwing your back out. There is no test to see if you actually pulled muscles. Pinched nerves yes, damaged disk yes ... but not muscles. Could of faked a concussion, stinger, dizziness, or headache.
Or PMS....just saying.  Evil

I don't have a big problem with what he did either, but I can understand the outrage as well.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 04:34:50 pm »

In personal injury cases the defense hire PIs because a doctor’s report can’t disprove a plantifs injury, but a video tape of that person shoveling snow will.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 06:49:37 pm »

“I am in pain”. MRI or X-ray can’t disprove that.  No medical professional is going to force an athlete that claims an injury that he must play.  The medical staff might tell the coach they think he is faking, but they aren’t going to put him on the field. 

Pain and injury are separate things. They play with pain all the time and some even with injuries. A medical staff will spot a faker really quick.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray