Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:45:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Do you set up your voice mail?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Do you set up your voice mail?  (Read 1517 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: September 19, 2018, 02:01:56 pm »

Do you set up your outgoing voice mail message? I just have the standard supplied message that leaves my number. I absolutely hate listening to someone with a message where they scream, act like they actually answered, leave nothing but silence until you hear the beep, and worst of all put their kid. Being silly on a voice mail should have been played out in the 80s. The only exception where I set up a message is for business purposes.

So, do you set it up? If so, do you try to be cute with it? Am I just having a bad day and this shouldn't bother me?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 02:12:51 pm »

haha, I used to have a message to the tune of Spongebob Squarepants back when it first came out, it was terrible but I thought I was funny.

Mine is very standard now.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 02:15:19 pm »

I do my own, but I play it straight...no psychs, gags or old show tunes for me. ;-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 05:34:55 pm »

No.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:25:16 pm »

I've had the same phone since 2014 I still have no idea or desire to set up my voicemail.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 01:55:45 pm »

Yes.  Why would you not?

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 03:26:07 pm »

Yes, I've had dial an Asshole for many years,on my cell,and a funny one on my landline.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 08:46:51 am »

Yes, I've had dial an Asshole for many years,on my cell,and a funny one on my landline.

My favorite one is still the mental illness helpline one. 

"if you have OCD, ADD or ADHD, press 1 repeatedly now...For schizophrenia and multiple personalities, press 2...for paranoia and dependency issues please hold the line...we know who you are and why you called and we have what you want..."

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 08:32:33 am »

We had a cyber security expert come in to our office and tell us (this was a while ago) the best thing to do for cellphone (out-going greetings) is the generic "you have reached (number), leave a message."  Not your voice, the one supplied by the phone.

Anyone calling you knows it's you.  Anyone trying to spoof you will move on.  If you leave your voice saying "Hey it's Steve, blah blah" - the spoofer now has at least your name to go by (and knows it's an active, working number).  Robocalls and spam calls will make up over 60-70% of all calls made by the end of 2019. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 12:25:55 pm »

We had a cyber security expert come in to our office and tell us (this was a while ago) the best thing to do for cellphone (out-going greetings) is the generic "you have reached (number), leave a message."  Not your voice, the one supplied by the phone.

Anyone calling you knows it's you.  Anyone trying to spoof you will move on.  If you leave your voice saying "Hey it's Steve, blah blah" - the spoofer now has at least your name to go by (and knows it's an active, working number).  Robocalls and spam calls will make up over 60-70% of all calls made by the end of 2019. 
I've never heard that but that's why I don't so maybe I did somewhere along the line? Hmmm.  I do on my work phone because it is required but my personal message is generic.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray