Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:00:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Media Bias
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Media Bias  (Read 36526 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2018, 03:48:06 pm »

Next time the democrats have the senate and the presidency, expect to see the supreme court expanded to 15 members.  There's rumblings about it already. Since the Merrick Garland hypocrisy, it's pretty inevitable.

If I were a praying man, this would definitely be something worth praying for...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2018, 08:17:59 am »

And now the crying starts from the biased media and the left. When Trump complains about the FBI the Democrats stand behind them and say they are professionals and do a fine job, but now that the shoe is on the other foot the FBI did a poor job.....Can’t have your cake and eat it to!
The sad part is that is what politics have become. Saying or doing the very thing you just criticized your opponent for because the situation is reversed. Most politician's suck as far as having any actual integrity.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2018, 03:05:33 pm »

When Trump complains about the FBI the Democrats stand behind them and say they are professionals and do a fine job, but now that the shoe is on the other foot the FBI did a poor job.....Can’t have your cake and eat it to!
Over the last two years, conservatives cheered James Comey for investigating Hillary, denounced him when he declared that she hadn't committed any crime, cheered him again when he reopened the investigation a week before the election, and denounced him again after Trump fired him (supposedly for being unfair to Hillary, no less!).

It is ridiculous to believe that if one declares support for starting an investigation, one must therefore support any conclusion that investigation comes to no matter how poorly it is conducted.  I mean, you guys are the party of law and order and you've been trying to stop an investigation into collusion with a foreign country, so you should intuitively understand this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 03:12:56 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2018, 03:58:20 pm »

Over the last two years, conservatives cheered James Comey for investigating Hillary, denounced him when he declared that she hadn't committed any crime, cheered him again when he reopened the investigation a week before the election, and denounced him again after Trump fired him (supposedly for being unfair to Hillary, no less!).

It is ridiculous to believe that if one declares support for starting an investigation, one must therefore support any conclusion that investigation comes to no matter how poorly it is conducted.  I mean, you guys are the party of law and order and you've been trying to stop an investigation into collusion with a foreign country, so you should intuitively understand this.
It's a moot point now. Kavanaugh appreciates your congratulations.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2018, 02:34:45 pm »

So using your rationale the Democratic members of Congress, like Sen. Schumer, that wanted an additional FBI investigation into Kavanaugh (the 7th), should not be denouncing the findings of that 7th investigation.  Correct?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2018, 03:12:30 pm »

And the Democrats were in the exact opposite position the whole time thus proving that politicians suck. They do not care about reason or logic unless it supports their cause.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2018, 04:32:39 pm »

So using your rationale the Democratic members of Congress, like Sen. Schumer, that wanted an additional FBI investigation into Kavanaugh (the 7th), should not be denouncing the findings of that 7th investigation.  Correct?
Incorrect.  The argument you are making is like saying that if you thought Casey Anthony should be arrested and charged with murder, you are not allowed to denounce the verdict because "you got what you wanted.". Kavanaugh's investigation was a sham.  The FBI didn't even interview Ford or Kavanaugh.

And the Democrats were in the exact opposite position the whole time thus proving that politicians suck.
So if you're a hypocritical politician who changes position based solely on what's convenient at the time, you suck.  But if you oppose someone doing that, then... you also suck! Both sides!

Just so I'm clear: the principle at hand here is that if you support anything Comey/the FBI has ever done, you must support everything else they do, or you're just a politician that sucks?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 04:34:37 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2018, 12:06:03 am »

The FBI didn't even interview Ford or Kavanaugh.

Do you really think they would have been asked questions that they have not already answered under oath?  Ford states 100% that she had one beer and that it was Kavanaugh that groped her and tried to undress her, everything else she can't remember.  Kavanaugh said he doesn't know her and never did such a thing to any woman.  If you think the FBI was going to magically get a different answer, or that the Democrats were too dumb to ask other relevant questions, then I don't know what to tell ya.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2018, 07:41:04 am »

So if you're a hypocritical politician who changes position based solely on what's convenient at the time, you suck.  But if you oppose someone doing that, then... you also suck! Both sides!

Just so I'm clear: the principle at hand here is that if you support anything Comey/the FBI has ever done, you must support everything else they do, or you're just a politician that sucks?
I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to. Politicians who change their view based on who is doing it has issues in my opinion. If the Republicans had done to Merrick Garland what the Democrats did I would still have issues with it although I don't think that is how many Republicans would have viewed it. If Democrats had blocked Kavanough in a way similar to the Republicans then I'd have been upset/disappointed but not disgusted. I realize you don't know me but I'm not the type who will sacrifice everything to win. I won't sacrifice my integrity as that isn't something you can ever get back. I think that's one of the reason's very few in Washington are ever trusted. The Joe Lieberman, John McCain and Lindsey Grahams are few and far between.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2018, 11:02:07 am »

I realize you don't know me but I'm not the type who will sacrifice everything to win. I won't sacrifice my integrity as that isn't something you can ever get back.
You're the same person who created a thread explaining why Christians can support a man that does not live up to the moral standards they have expected their whole lives from a President, solely because he is winning political battles.

"Winning is winning" is a rational ethos.  So is "The end justifies the means." But don't preach about how integrity is more important than winning after hearing a guy caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women, and pulling the lever for him because at least he's not a Democrat.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2018, 11:05:29 am »

You're the same person who created a thread explaining why Christians can support a man that does not live up to the moral standards they have expected their whole lives from a President, solely because he is winning political battles.

"Winning is winning" is a rational ethos.  So is "The end justifies the means." But don't preach about how integrity is more important than winning after hearing a guy caught on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women, and pulling the lever for him because at least he's not a Democrat.
That doesn't compromise my integrity. I voted for conservative Supreme Court Justices and economical policies ... both of which he has done. I haven't condoned his "Tweeting" or his extracurricular sex life.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2018, 11:53:46 am »

Then I have a question for you:

What would "sacrificing everything to win" look like?  Specifically, in what way would it be different than what conservatives (and particularly "family values" conservatives) have done over the last two years?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:57:26 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2018, 03:29:32 pm »

Then I have a question for you:

What would "sacrificing everything to win" look like?  Specifically, in what way would it be different than what conservatives (and particularly "family values" conservatives) have done over the last two years?
Doing something that goes against their values. LMAO  .... You want the fact that people voted for someone who carried their agenda as a bad thing but it's really not. Trump is an ass. Nothing says you can't support an arsholes and in fact .... some claimed Christians are the biggest arsholes I know.

Heck ... even NYT columnist Bret Stephens has recently admitted that Trump is one of the few people who can stand up to political bullying. Apparently it takes one to beat one. For the first time since Donald Trump entered the political fray, I find myself grateful that he’s in it. I’m reluctant to admit it and astonished to say it, especially since the president mocked Christine Blasey Ford in his ugly and gratuitous way at a rally on Tuesday. Perhaps it’s worth unpacking this admission for those who might be equally astonished to read it.

I’m grateful because Trump has not backed down in the face of the slipperiness, hypocrisy and dangerous standard-setting deployed by opponents of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court. I’m grateful because ferocious and even crass obstinacy has its uses in life, and never more so than in the face of sly moral bullying. I’m grateful because he’s a big fat hammer fending off a razor-sharp dagger.

Had Trump faked votes, or was caught cheating per se then I think it would be disingenuous to support him. As it is he has done what he said he would do so I still support him.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2019, 02:01:11 pm »

Bump

Every liberal media outlet jumped on this story like BuzzFeed had a legit source...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/18/robert-mueller-disputes-buzzfeed-story-trump-directing-michael-cohen-lie/2620598002/

...then a few days later, these KIDS get attacked by a bunch of media and Hollywood liberals, receiving death threats because everyone was so quick to judgment.  Death threats to a bunch of kids.  Day 1 of the story made that smiling kid the face of racism.  Reports were said they were chanting build that wall, when that never happened.  The real racists are the Hebrew Israelites calling them cracker, incest, future school shooters.  The next day the real truth comes out.  A lot of egg on people's faces huh.  

https://www.newsweek.com/covington-catholic-cancelled-classes-viral-video-students-trump-threats-1299940

You know when Trump says the media is the enemy of the people?  It's shit like this that backs that up.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 02:02:47 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2019, 02:12:55 pm »

There were many videos posted of liberals harassing old conservative men but did anyone jump on that bandwagon? Only crickets.  The media literally is sitting and waiting for conservatives to be asses so they can pretend to be offended. Truth is many teens can be aholes at times regardless of how they were brought up. Regardless of what side they support it is not a reflection of Trump or Pelosi. 

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray