Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:18:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Media Bias
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print
Author Topic: Media Bias  (Read 36542 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #225 on: January 27, 2019, 07:50:16 pm »

If you make $30k a year and are in debt $150,000 on credit cards you don't finance a car.
The time to make this decision is before you buy the car, not after you have already taken it and driven it for three months.

If you think that we can't afford this spending, then you should pressure Congress to reduce spending.  Instead, you are proposing that since it's too difficult to convince Congress to reduce spending, let's just stop paying the bill when it arrives.

However, total US debt is not an artificial number. We owe that money. The amount has reached a level that will never be paid back. What happens when the interest gets too much to handle? Don't say it can't or won't happen.
It literally cannot happen for any debt issued in USD unless we simply choose not to pay it.

The federal government of the United States has the ability to create a limitless number of US dollars to pay any debt in that currency.  Now, you can argue that they shouldn't create too many USD because - over time - it will devalue the dollar.  But you know what will devalue the dollar instantly and much more severely?  If the United States says, "Well, yeah, we could create more dollars to pay the debt that we owe you... but we don't feel like it, so we're just not going to pay you at all."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:09:09 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2019, 03:37:16 pm »

McConnell had this to say today regarding a federal holiday so federal employees can go vote:

“Just what America needs, another paid holiday and a bunch of government workers being paid to go out and work for I assume our folks—our colleagues on the other side, on their campaigns,” McConnell said. “This is the Democrat plan to restore democracy? A brand-new week of paid vacation for every federal employee who would like to hover around while you cast your ballot?”

Ensuring people can actually go out and vote is going to destroy democracy I guess. I just hate how the media reports things with such a bias.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #227 on: January 30, 2019, 10:06:44 pm »

Election Day should already be a holiday.  If you're concerned about too many paid holidays, move Veterans Day from November 11th to the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2019, 01:30:18 pm »

Election Day should already be a holiday.  If you're concerned about too many paid holidays, move Veterans Day from November 11th to the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.

I would have agreed with you years ago but early  voting is so simple.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2019, 01:44:19 pm »

Not every state allows early voting.

But I think a more comprehensive focus on vote-by-mail is also important.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2019, 06:24:49 pm »

I am going to be consistent.  Unless this is a forgery he should resign.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/northam-blackface-photo/index.html

Just like Mitch McConnell should for his support of racist organizations.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2019, 07:16:42 pm »

Just like Mitch McConnell should for his support of racist organizations.

Link
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2019, 07:53:09 pm »

He might be referring to this award from the Sons of Confederate Veterans:

But I imagine the immediate response will be "Why would anyone think the Confederacy is associated with racism?", so I'm not sure how helpful my citation will be.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #233 on: February 01, 2019, 10:38:41 pm »

He might be referring to this award from the Sons of Confederate Veterans:

correct

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #234 on: February 01, 2019, 11:00:14 pm »

Let me disagree with you Hoodie and say that I don't think Northam or McConnell should resign over things-that-are-not-illegal that happened decades ago.  These actions were in poor taste, but not immediately disqualifying.   People can change.

I'm perfectly happy for them to apologize for and denounce their previous actions while working to combat the kind of inequity those actions represented.  I think Northam can do so, while McConnell would be primaried instantly if he tried.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:14:07 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2019, 02:29:17 pm »

Politicians from each of the parties are such a bunch of vote whores that if the nazis were a large voting block in this country, every politician in the country would be posing in front of a swastika flag. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2019, 02:47:24 pm »

Politicians from each of the parties are such a bunch of vote whores that if the nazis were a large voting block in this country, every politician in the country would be posing in front of a swastika flag. 

Maybe.  But they’re not.  If you sell out for votes, it’s fine.  You just have to pay the price later when the demographics change.

I drink your milkshake!
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2019, 05:11:22 pm »

I am going to be consistent.  Unless this is a forgery he should resign.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/northam-blackface-photo/index.html

Democrats gonna democrat.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #238 on: February 02, 2019, 08:32:51 pm »

Maybe.  But they’re not.  If you sell out for votes, it’s fine.  You just have to pay the price later when the demographics change.

Not necessarily.  Trump used to be the darling of the Democrats when he was all snuggled up to Hillary back in the day.  But the demographics changed and overnight he "turned into" a Republican and got elected president.  The American public has a very short memory.  All you have to do is deny til you die or say that you have "changed".  Just like the Virginia Governor.  Yesterday he apologized for the picture and apparently that tactic wasn't flying very well so today he turned around and denied it was him.  Again, that is the kind of slime that politicians are.  Just keep lying til you find a lie that people are willing to buy into.  I just get a kick out of how both parties point out how slimy the politicians from the other party are.  I have the sad task of dealing with these douchebags (usually through their aides) on a frequent basis with my job and they are all equally disgusting sides of the same coin. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2019, 01:11:21 am »

What you are describing is called "democracy."

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray