Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:01:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Trick play idea
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trick play idea  (Read 1383 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 26, 2018, 12:43:30 am »

I'm sure this is highly illegal, but it's funny.

Situation:

End of the first half, both teams have no timeouts left.  There are about 30 seconds left in the half.

The quarterback takes a knee and the offense and the coaches start running into the locker room as the clock continues running.

The defensive team begins to follow suit.

Then, eleven specially designed players dash into the field and tell the refs they want to run one more play before the clock runs out.

Before the defense knows what's happening, the ball is spotted, snapped, and the offense is running towards the end zone for an easy touchdown.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:34:19 am »

A lawyer, a priest and a punter walk into a bar...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:54:33 am »

I don't think you could do it, because you'd have to clear the field of everyone in order to stop the ball.  Cameramen and sideline equipment guys and media are all over the place.  And the indication that you're downing the ball and going into the locker room is your own team running on the field.  I can't see how you could pull this off without getting a too many men on the field play or even a best case scenario, a delay of game penalty from the other team because their crew was on the field.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 01:29:54 pm »

Reason no one has done it, you can't.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 02:14:58 pm »

Reason no one has done it, you can't.
Why would you want to? That would make you the most hated coach in the league.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 02:42:43 pm »

Might as well just line up and act like your going to kneel down. Hike the ball take a step back and begin to kneel down and have your fastest guy take off. Then toss it up.

Or maybe a play like this https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/12/20/14034612/western-kentucky-fake-kneel-play-boca-raton-bowl. If you had someone with enough speed around the edge, you might pull it off.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 02:59:42 pm »

Once you give yourself up then it is a done deal so if you. If you have less than the 40 seconds left and take a knee then you have given up.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 10:49:45 pm »

CF, he's saying take a knee at <40, but then try to snap it again.  Unfortunately, that won't work with the dozens of people on the field - e.g. reporters, camera crew, both(?)  teams - that were fooled by your simulation of ending the half.  (Unless it wasn't convincing, in which case it wouldn't work anyway.)

Basically, you would have to fool only the opposing team and nobody else... which makes it a waste of time.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 01:07:22 am »

I saw a game this weekend where both teams were headed into the locker room as the clock was running down with fifteen seconds. 

This gave me the idea to have eleven players rush back and tell the ref to spot the ball. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray