Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:04:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - at Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - at Patriots  (Read 3105 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 30, 2018, 04:14:04 pm »

I will give mine to the entire defense. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 05:25:00 pm »

Everyone?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 09:10:49 pm »

This was as much of a complete team failure as I have ever seen. Typically that falls on the coach/coaches.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 11:09:27 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BeanCounter

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:53:29 pm »

Gase.  Team doesn’t show up and gets embarrassed when they have a chance to open a 3 game lead over the Pats.  That falls on a head coach who was in over his head today.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 12:04:42 am »

Coaching. Players.. Team fail big time

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2018, 12:07:55 am »

Adam Gase.  The team failed at every level of the game.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 08:33:38 am »

coach.  let the team get too cooky.  they were 3-0, saw the lions pat game and thought it was going to be easy.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2018, 09:53:01 am »

I know I'm playing the same whiney fiddle about the front office...

I think Gase is too on the surface easy answer.I feel it's hard to crucify a head coach who got totally out coached by the Belichick and the Patriots...

IMO this started with Mike Tannenbaum/Chris Grier (too an extent Gase) lack of depth.

They keep believing in their strange twisted vision of progress is linear,and there wont be any injuries to any of our starters.Those starters are already somewhat questionable,and depth that is barely NFL worthy.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 01:16:31 pm »

IMO this started with Mike Tannenbaum/Chris Grier (too an extent Gase) lack of depth.

They keep believing in their strange twisted vision of progress is linear,and there wont be any injuries to any of our starters.Those starters are already somewhat questionable,and depth that is barely NFL worthy.

I don't agree.  I think they have tried to bring in more reliable backups, they just aren't out there to be had.  There are plenty of teams that want/need to upgrade their O-Lines, but there just aren't talented enough players out there.  Plus there's also the problem of trying to stay under the cap.  Perhaps what is needed is better coaching by o-line coaches to be able to get more out of what players they have.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 02:21:51 pm »

Every time has to weather a storm, there is not a team in the league not playing with injuries.  Good teams find a way to roll with those, bad teams don't.  We will see which one Miami is.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 03:07:19 pm »

I don't agree.  I think they have tried to bring in more reliable backups, they just aren't out there to be had.  There are plenty of teams that want/need to upgrade their O-Lines, but there just aren't talented enough players out there.  Plus there's also the problem of trying to stay under the cap.  Perhaps what is needed is better coaching by o-line coaches to be able to get more out of what players they have.

You can't coach shit pile to be Apple pie....Tannenbaum,by bad contract extensions,and free agency moves has to take a lot of the blame for our tight cap issues.

I agree there are lineman quality problems in the league,like good quality QB's...The Dolphins just have a very bad time of picking good ones...

Modified to add...You took it as I'm talking only about the O-line,it's the entire team....Behind X.Howard at CB,B.Mccain is ok as a nickel,but having to play him outside because no one else was is good enough.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:37:33 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 11:03:18 pm »

I don't like giving Coaches SOTG unless they make bad decisions.

Do you all think Gase told his team "You're 3-0, you can relax this week?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2018, 11:37:09 pm »

I think the players were not adequately prepared to play this game, and the coordinators did not have an effective gameplan.

Which person bears responsibility for making sure that players are ready for today's opponent, and that the gameplan is properly devised for the foe at hand (as well as making adjustments when the initial plan is not working)?

My answer is "the head coach."

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2018, 11:32:42 am »

I don't like giving Coaches SOTG unless they make bad decisions.

Do you all think Gase told his team "You're 3-0, you can relax this week?

Those words, no.  Indirectly, yes.  You could see his overconfidence in his pressers.  The team no doubt sense it too.  His number one job is to identify the opponents strengths and develop a plan to stop them.  He watched the Lions game and underestimated the Patriots.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray