Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:59:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins-Patriots Takeaways
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins-Patriots Takeaways  (Read 1436 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 01, 2018, 08:00:07 am »

"U-G-L-Y You ain't got not alibi, you ugly" If anyone had seen the Goldie Hawn  movie "Wildcats" you know what that refers to and that is exactly what we saw yesterday, ugly football

I think the only thing you can do is bury the tape, spray the grass with lighter fluid and set the ground on fire.  Seriously.

Things that looked good:

This will be short and sweet.  The opening drive 22yd pass to Stills and the 2 INTs on Brady, where McCain peeled off of the deep coverage and the Godchaux hit on Brady and the pick by Fitzpatrick.  I'll tack on the Gore stiff arm of McCourty to score the late TD and keep MIA from getting a big ol' goose egg.

Other than that, that's it.  Seriously, there isn't anything else.

Things that looked not so good:

This is list is long, actually too long for me to type up at work. 

Running game - NON-EXISTANT Belicheck suckered Gase into having Tannehill pass into 6-7 men in coverage instead of being physical up front and running the fockin ball.  Yeah, I know Sitton is done for the year but this team has to learn to be physical up front.  Pats dared MIA to run the ball (NE 31st in the league in rush Def prior to game) and they didn't do it.

Drake: 3 carries 3 yds
Gore: 11 carries for 41 yds and most of that was the last drive.

That is SAD. 

DEF passing  game: Wasn't awful IMO.  Limited Gronk to a few plays, nothing big.  There were a few times WRs were open across the middle but the most damage was done on dump offs.  The Patterson TD?  Bullshit call and there should have been a picked called on the outside WR but that will never be called in Foxboro.

Speaking of bad calls by the Refs, Dolphins TWICE stopped Brady and Co. on 3rd down and the phantom PI calls came out.  Holding X.Howard on the 3rd and 5 (I have no idea what they saw) and the Illegal contact on X.Howard on the 3rd drive.  This
stuff goes on EVERY passing play.  Did not affect this play.

DEF rush game: Woof.  Worst performance this year.  Physically beat up.  What else can you say.

Now, injuries on the Def side of the ball, Hayes out for the year and Andre Branch did not play, as well as Reshad Jones.  I think these make a difference, though i think MIA still gets beat. Can Miami withstand these injuries long term when it looks like they have no depth? I dunno.  I know injuries are part of the game and all teams experience this, but it looks like MIA will really suffer if guys can't stay healthy.

Will be interesting to see how they respond next Sunday on a road trip again.

Let's Go Phins! Beat the Bengals!!!!

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 09:14:58 am »

All I can say  is that I totally saw that going a different way... Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Alwaysdullfan

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 03:43:10 pm »

...thing that pisses me off, seems like Gase cannot make adjustments at halftime or during the game. They were trying to run the same boring offense with WR screens. I like the screens, but not when u have Pats DEF playing press coverage preventing you from doing that. Thats when Gase should have been mking different calls, use Gore more, where the foock is Gesicki??
I like Gase but he's turning nto Chip Kelly. Got rid of major players which is understndable but they have to do better play calling adjustments. Why keep 4 QBs on the team? Why release Jordan Philips when u need bodies in the middle. If anything bench his ass or trade him. And I dunno who's at fault but last few high draft picks re not contributing to the team. Charles Harris should play alot more than what he does. They're starting 3rd RD LB with Baker but wont play Harris or Gesicki much. Maybe new def cord.? is neered. I dont even know but I dont like the way this looks. I almost wouldn't mind firing Gase, bring in experienced head coach, maybe defensive minded for once. Miami's last few coachess were rookie HC. If they wanted Gase, then he should have brought new DC with head coaching exp. Like Jack del Rio, Marvin Lewis, Mike Smith....look what the Rams did. Hired Sean McVay but he was smart and hired an experienced guy Wade philips to run the defense.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray