Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:09:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  DeVante Parker
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: DeVante Parker  (Read 3214 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 01, 2018, 08:18:43 am »

Can the Dolphins just cut their losses?? 

Seriously, I was watching the Ravens-Steelers game last nite and I didn't realize they cut Breshad Perriman, a No. 1 draft pick from 2015

I think they were very patient with the guy and he just didn't work out and they moved on.  Why are the Dolphins not doing the same?

This from his draft profile:
Sources Tell Us "He's as talented as (Devante Parker) and he's bigger and faster but I just don't trust him as much as I trust Parker as a first round guy, but I could see us trading back and taking him." - NFL executive

LOL, check out the reference to Parker. 

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 04:06:01 pm »

Can the Dolphins just cut their losses?? 
Why? There's no one that's not being given reps because of Parker on the team. Let him sit. There's no point in cutting him. You just keep pushing him along year after year hoping that some day it will click plus you keep him away from someone like the Patriots who could take him and turn him into a weapon against you. He's less dangerous on the team then off it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:58:45 pm »

Here's one guy I wouldn't mind seeing the Dolphins cut.  The Titans released Rishard Matthews, I'd rather see him back on the team, at least he wants to compete.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 03:03:17 pm »

Here's one guy I wouldn't mind seeing the Dolphins cut.  The Titans released Rishard Matthews, I'd rather see him back on the team, at least he wants to compete.
Parker has WAY more upside then Matthews. Sure we aren't seeing it right now, but again you never know when that light bulb is going to go on. Just let the coaches keep trying to turn him into what he *can* be. It's not like we are short on WR's and need to bring in someone to compete with them.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 03:19:10 pm »

Fuck man, I'd rather track down Greg Camarillo and play him than keep Parker. At least he put forth an effort while here. Pringles isn't worth rookie pay as far as I'm concerned.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 05:31:49 pm »

This kinda surprises me. Gase just got rid of someone that wasn't playing up to his draft position and he didn't even cut him over that it was because he went nuts on the field and started demanding more playing time. At least Parker isn't demanding more playing time. Ya'll don't know how hard he's working or what effort he's putting into it. From the accounts that I've heard he's trying he just can't stay healthy. Cut the guy some slack. When he does play he produces at least to a certain extent. Breshad Perriman has a TOTAL of 576 receiving yards in 3 seasons in Pittsburgh. Parker had more receiving yards then that in 2 different years playing with the Dolphins. He's got nearly 2,000 receiving yards in the same time that Perriman has been playing with the Steelers. If he'd have been healthy all that time it would be even better. Not sure what Perriman's history is, but just comparing productivity there's no comparison.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 05:47:33 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 02:41:40 pm »

Pappy, Parker has been called out in the past for not putting in the extra work needed in order to stay on the f5. We all hear the stories on how much work is needed in order to prepare your body for the NFL. For a guy with injuries to be called out for not putting in that work and then continue to be injured, it doesn't look good.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 03:30:38 pm »

Pappy, Parker has been called out in the past for not putting in the extra work needed in order to stay on the f5. We all hear the stories on how much work is needed in order to prepare your body for the NFL. For a guy with injuries to be called out for not putting in that work and then continue to be injured, it doesn't look good.
He was called out the first year, but I haven't heard that being said since his first year. In fact last year he was getting rave reviews in the offseason and everyone was saying that he was gonna have a breakout year last year. This year no one much talked about Parker at all, but I haven't heard anything negative spoken about him.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 03:59:53 pm »

Parker when healthy still doesn't play to his size....he should be elite, and he's maybe above average.  My biggest issue other than his constant injuries is he's soft.  I've never seen a guy that big get the ball just straight up ganked from his hands so much.  He doesn't go after the ball aggressive enough either.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 04:43:09 pm »

^ add the fact you have keep encouraging him Roll Eyes Gase,and Tannebaum keep giving him "pep talks"

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 12:47:00 pm »

It's now being said that we are shopping Devante Parker. With his play so far and his $10 Million guaranteed next year, we would be quite fortunate to get a 2020 7th rounder. It would basically be a salary dump and we should welcome it. We need to acquire too much talent to owe this guy $10 Million next year.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 02:22:50 pm »

It's now being said that we are shopping Devante Parker. With his play so far and his $10 Million guaranteed next year, we would be quite fortunate to get a 2020 7th rounder. It would basically be a salary dump and we should welcome it. We need to acquire too much talent to owe this guy $10 Million next year.

If we pay this guy $10M, heck even $3M, I'm switching my allegiance to the Browns or Bills.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2018, 04:46:28 pm »

I could be wrong, but we might be able to not be on the hook for 2019. If he sucks this season, I think we can just rescind the offer before 2019 and he would be a free agent. So, that is almost guaranteed to happen if we can't find any takers.

If no one is on the hook for 2019, I'd take a flyer on him for a 2020 7th rounder. All of his issues are mental, he is too soft.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2018, 05:20:57 pm »

The reports were denied this morning,that he was on the block,according to Dolphins beat writers...

We can back out of the 5th year option,all the way up until March...His current Cap number $3,460,717,We'd be on the hook either way if he is,or isn't on the team....
According to over the Cap...https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 09:14:45 am »

The reports were denied this morning,that he was on the block,according to Dolphins beat writers...

We can back out of the 5th year option,all the way up until March...His current Cap number $3,460,717,We'd be on the hook either way if he is,or isn't on the team....
According to over the Cap...https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

I have no idea if it is the case this time, but sometimes when a team denies that someone was on the trading block that translates to, "Nobody even offered us a half eaten donut for this guy so now we have to do damage control and pretend that we never intended to trade him in the first place." 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray