Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:05:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Things I really want at the office that I can't have
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Things I really want at the office that I can't have  (Read 1905 times)
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« on: October 02, 2018, 04:36:04 pm »

1.  An ice machine.  We have refrigerators and a somewhat ok cafeteria you can get filtered water all that fun stuff but no ice machine.  It would allow me just to bring in my good thermos and fill up with whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.

2.  Two ply toilet paper.  It's next to impossible to get clean on 1 ply with the distance we have to walk and not be late on a 15 minute break. 

3.  Magazine racks and some old magazines for the bathroom.  I would gladly kick in $5 out of my check every two weeks for this and #2.

4.  A scratching room.  We have cameras everywhere and sometimes I just really need to scratch goddamit.  Just put up a divider I'll go down to Unclaimed Freight and pick up a cheap recliner I'll bring in my own CD Player and CD's but I should be able to go somewhere in private and scratch my nuts without people in the mens room judging me or worrying about being caught on camera.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 07:20:03 pm »

I would say I am pretty spoiled at my current job but I am trying to make a switch so this is a to be continued story for me. We have ice machines on every floor, refrigerators, coffee machines, a full cafeteria in one building and a self serve market in the other that includes ice cream and frozen meals along with pre-made sandwiches (yuck). The real kicker is we have a game room equipped with ping pong, air hockey, pop a shot, and two pool tables.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 11:29:35 am »

Some time around 2002 Time Warner Telecom moved into the same building as EA Sports so I got to see their offices. The walls were glass so you could see pretty much through the whole place. The had a ton of video games and tvs and what looked to be areas to chill. It looked like a really fun place to work.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 11:44:10 am »

We have a gameroom and stuff like that it's not that bad, it's just that I'd like to get some extras to personalize the place a little bit.

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 02:13:16 pm »

I work in a cubicle setting..

I want to hook up my PS4 to this 15" HD  Screen I got an Game. But I work for the Military so that aint gon happen.

I have a Kurig. Toaster..  But I really want is an Lil Ice Machine for my Drinks.

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 02:56:04 pm »

1.) Better use of our office space! Post remodel after the downsize/split,they eliminated some offices+storage closet,and made the break room slightly bigger,and added 2 bathrooms.Then split one of the 2 conference rooms in two to make 2 other offices.Those offices are for the underlings,with 4 desks each+ file cabinets (I improvised 2 small work areas).Then they doubled the bosses offices,which aren't good for "working meetings" especially with more than 3 people.  Lips Sealed  So...The conference room,is always in use...

We do have a T.V. with local cable,and a kitchenette...2 hot plates,2 microwaves,2 coffee pots+ kurig ,Toaster oven,large refrigerator/freezer,and cabinets (that the bosses keep with snacks).

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 03:38:38 pm »

I wish I had a window in the office, but I'd really like a balcony to use, where I could physically go outside from time to time...even have a meeting out there. 

I drink your milkshake!
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 08:28:03 am »

I wish I had a window in the office, but I'd really like a balcony to use, where I could physically go outside from time to time...even have a meeting out there. 

The side of the building I'm in doesn't have any windows it's quite depressing.  Occasionally though we do have meetings outside when the Upstate NY weather isn't acting like Cybil on crack.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 02:48:27 pm »

Interesting idea about the balcony. We have one on our building but it is locked. You have to consider the liability aspect. Just imagine a depressed coworker taking a swan dive during work hours. I'm actually surprised businesses let architects design buildings where employees can look down multiple floors over the lobby.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 03:42:28 pm »

I want a freezer...anything that can give me ice cubes in my beverages and keep frozen nukables frozen until ready to be nuked. I am a simple man with simple needs, and cold drinks and hot lunches are two of them. Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 10:50:14 pm »

Joan Halloway

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: