Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:01:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Apparently The Body Weight Penalty Doesn’t Count When It’s The Patriots Sacking
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Apparently The Body Weight Penalty Doesn’t Count When It’s The Patriots Sacking  (Read 1066 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:48:38 am »

Compared to other hits called I really thought this would have been. Funny how a little head tap on a protected head is much worse. the second video shows just how silly we've become.

http://dailysnark.com/apparently-the-body-weight-penalty-doesnt-count-when-its-the-patriots-sacking-a-qb-video/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:37:31 am »

i think is fair to say that week 4 saw a relaxing of the extremely stringent enforcement of roughing the passer that existed during the first three weeks across all 16 games.  And that change that occurred week 4 carried into week 5. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:55:54 am »

i think is fair to say that week 4 saw a relaxing of the extremely stringent enforcement of roughing the passer that existed during the first three weeks across all 16 games.  And that change that occurred week 4 carried into week 5. 
I don't disagree with that but you have to admit to flag the brush of the helmet and not flag the pounding of Luck into the ground is absurd ... regardless of who it is against or for.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 11:13:38 am »

This rule sucks.  So, on one hand, I'm glad it's not called.  But it sucked that it seems to be selectively called.  I've heard no official announcement of a relaxation of the rules.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray