Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:19:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Refs - a new thing I want to start on this board.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: should people who didn’t watch the game refrain from commenting
yes, please refrain   -10 (66.7%)
no, babble on your incoherent ramblings are entertaining   -5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Refs - a new thing I want to start on this board.  (Read 6445 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 08, 2018, 12:00:40 am »

Every time the Dolphins lose a game, I will start this thread.

Everybody posts about bad calls, but they rarely give much information about them.

I want to research if the calls are actually truly incorrect or not. 

What were the bad calls in this game?

When did they happen?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 12:05:03 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 01:20:04 am »

So... where's the research?

Did you watch the game?
If so, which calls did you think were questionable?
If not, why would you be issuing judgment on whether calls you haven't seen are "actually truly incorrect"?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:47:44 am »

So... where's the research?

Did you watch the game?
If so, which calls did you think were questionable?
If not, why would you be issuing judgment on whether calls you haven't seen are "actually truly incorrect"?

Two people on here have said the refs were bad in this game.  I want to know why they were bad. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:19:39 am »

Please stop analyzing games that you did not watch. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:23:48 am »

Two people on here have said the refs were bad in this game.  I want to know why they were bad. 

This is due to a phenomenon not unique to this board, or this team, or even football in general, but due to a phenomenon that plagues all sports fans and it is called bias.  It is what allows fans of different teams to watch the same game and each to conclude that the refs favored the other team.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 01:46:23 pm »

^That had nothing to do with bias, the refs fucked us the first half, then they tried to fuck the Bengals later.  Refs were just terrible.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 09:33:21 am »

Please stop analyzing games that you did not watch. 

I second this motion...can we put it to a vote?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 09:49:42 am »

Aye!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 10:26:08 am »

done

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 11:09:47 am »

I don't like when penalties are called that don't affect the play.  Or they reverse what actually happened.

So, when a player has a chance to make a catch and they are interfered with, I like the penalty call.  It reflects the play on the field.

I do not like penalties called that are away from the play or reverse what occurred....so a ticky-tack push in the back on the opposite side of the field, when the runner was dropped for a loss well away from it = bad.

There was one particular call in the game that came with seconds left in the 4th quarter.  The Bengals were 3rd and long and threw a pass to a receiver near the sideline.  The pass was high and Bengals player jumped and touched it but didn't really have an opportunity to bring it in.  The Dolphins corner came and hit the player in the back.  You could argue that the ball was far enough away for the player to pull up in time (I wouldn't argue that), but the Dolphins player made a defensive play on a guy trying to make a catch.  The player wasn't injured and it wasn't egregious.  It was just a hard hit on a guy that didn't catch the call.  Had he caught it, it would've been no penalty.  It was like we got called because THEY didn't make the play.  It was called as unnecessary roughness.  15 yards and an automatic first down, which was not indicative of the play on the field.

So, where we would have gotten the ball, able to run time well into the 4th quarter and the Bengals would've been down 3 scores, even if we did nothing.  But as is, it gave them a first down they didn't earn and led to an immediate TD.  It put the pressure on us to answer, we collapsed, etc.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 11:29:31 am »

Hmmm, now that I see how the two voting options were phrased, I'm not sure which one I want to choose.   Grin
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 11:40:24 am »

You know for someone who at least according to their profile name is a Dolphins fan for life, you sure do spend an inordinate amount of time in the anti-fins chat section. Just saying.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 01:16:36 pm »

I'm just going to say I understand the position some of you have but you sound like whining babies in this thread, starting a poll even. The guy asked a question. Perfectly acceptable whether he watched a game or not. Probably even more acceptable if not.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 01:30:55 pm »

Hmmm, now that I see how the two voting options were phrased, I'm not sure which one I want to choose.   Grin

Now, more than ever, your vote has consequences...

Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 02:20:36 pm »

I dont see how the Refs were a Factor in the Dolphins melt down . Yes I did watch the game.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray