Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:19:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami vs Bengals offensive collapse...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami vs Bengals offensive collapse...  (Read 2820 times)
Alwaysdullfan

« on: October 08, 2018, 03:00:58 pm »

Why cant we at least throw the ball since we're not doing a good job running it? Although Bengals game was much better than previous weeks.
Miami had at least more offensive plays than they did against the Raiders and Patriots, but how to do you allow the Bengals to score 24 or 27 unanswered points when you were up 17-3 to start the 4th qtr. What a terrible way to lose. Defense can only do so much with all the injuries upfront. Overall im okay with the way the defense plays but they're not getting much help from the offense. When your offensive line struggles there are other ways to adjust. Either more 2 TE formations, maybe 2 RBs, esp with a athletic QB like Tannehill. I dunno who is to blame but going into training camp I thought we finally had enough depth and good players on both offensive and defensive lines. I know there were plenty of injuries but Adam Gase being this "offensive guru" you'd think he would find ways to get this offense going. Maybe its time for QB change, but not that we have one on the roster now, but I think after this season they DEF need to bring in someone ready to take over if they continue to not produce on offense. RT is a 7 year vet. I think we've seen the best of him, even tho I really like the guy and wish he'd just step up and be the reason we win games. I think this coaching staff needs to do a better job also. Where's our big time rookie TE Gesicki?? I haven't looked at the Bengals stats yet but is Charles Harris getting enough snaps? These r high draft picks that should be starting and making a difference and if they're not, then the coaches and scouting dept. screwed up again. Instead of 4 QB up until Bengals game id activate rookie RB Jalen Balagae, lets see whats he got. I don't even know where to start with this Mami team but even when they were 3-0 everyone knew they could have easily been 1-2 or worse. No second half points against the Jets, not even a FG, and no 2nd half pts vs. the Bengals. So far they're doing a terrible job wih in-game adjustments....as a Dolphins fan its frustrating.

What are your thoughts on Miami's offense/defense etc??
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 03:16:07 pm »

Seems like we were doing well until we lost our make shift o-line. I think we have a pretty good record including running games when our o-line shows up. I'll repeat the same gripe I've had forever at this point. We have other needs but first and foremost we need an offensive with some depth. I can't understand how so many coaches and talent evaluaters can fail so miserably on the same thing and never learn. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 11:48:42 pm »

^^^ I don't disagree that a better offensive line is needed, both in starters and backups.  However, if you look at teams that have been successful in recent years (and this year) the teams that have made the leap forward did so with a stellar defense first.  Examples:  Chicago - playing great this year, mostly on the basis of a much improved defense.  Jacksonville - just a couple years ago they were a laughing stock, now with a great defense they can compete for the playoffs with Bortles as their QB.  Seattle - playoff runs primarily a result of the defense.  Denver - went to the Super Bowl thanks to the defense.  Baltimore - won their last SB because of the defense.  Cleveland - coming around thanks in part to a much improved defense.  So, I'm satisfied with drafting Fitzpatrick over a lineman last year.  It is time to replace Tannehill next year if there is a quality QB available.  Gase and his staff need to step it up, or they will be gone also.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray