Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:47:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Hurricane Michael
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hurricane Michael  (Read 2466 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:57:46 pm »

Everyone ok down there?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 08:43:35 am »

I'm ok.   I live in Bradenton.  We got some constant rain and gusty winds from the outer bands, but the Panhandle took the brunt of this thing.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:06:38 am »

It was north of all of us...pretty sure no one lives in the panhandle.

3rd strongest hurricane ever to hit the continental U.S. and FL didn't blink an eye.  We know how to deal with them.  There is some pretty gnarly damage in Panama Beach though.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:09:13 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 09:55:19 am »

We've had a pretty good response from hurricanes over the last several cycles.  This one snuck up on us.  For those that don't live here, sometimes it's easy to forget how large the state actually is.

The distance from Miami to the panhandle is like the distance from Georgia to Virginia, which spans 4 states.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 10:13:55 am »

Hope all the board members (and everyone else) in the path of the storm came through it okay both physically and as far as their homes, etc.   We've been gone from South Florida for 12 years now and I don't miss hurricanes one bit. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:16 am »

We've had a pretty good response from hurricanes over the last several cycles.  This one snuck up on us.  For those that don't live here, sometimes it's easy to forget how large the state actually is.

The distance from Miami to the panhandle is like the distance from Georgia to Virginia, which spans 4 states.
It's like 12.5 hours from Key West to Pensacola. Heck ...it's over 6 hours to Pensacola from Orlando.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 01:36:34 pm »

I'm ok.   I live in Bradenton.  We got some constant rain and gusty winds from the outer bands, but the Panhandle took the brunt of this thing.
You're kinda near the condo I rented later this month in Redington Beach. So you're saying my condo is still standing? Haha, I was hoping this thing wouldn't fuck up my vacation...

It's like 12.5 hours from Key West to Pensacola. Heck ...it's over 6 hours to Pensacola from Orlando.
I have a 12 hr drive next weekend headed that way. Probably leave out between Midnight and 2am and hit Mobile by sunrise give or take. I'll only span 3 states, lol.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 03:53:45 pm »

I have been in 5 states in under 4 hours.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 04:28:28 pm »

I have been in 5 states in under 4 hours.

I've been in 4 states in under 3 seconds. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 08:59:56 am »

Awake, asleep, drunk and sober?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 02:15:44 pm »

Liquid,  solid, gas & plasma?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 09:25:54 am »

That's actually really close to the right answer. Arizona (awake), New Mexico (asleep), Colorado (stoned) and Utah (sober).

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 02:32:48 pm »

"Name that tune"
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 10:52:30 pm »

Left at 3am this morning for Reddington Shores. Super heavy fog from Mobile to Tallahassee. Had to drop from 90 mph down to 65. Couldn't see shit. Anyhow, on I-10 from around DeFuniak Springs to Tallahassee it looked like a war zone. Shit ton of trees snapped in half, partial houses on the side of the road, Hwy signs gone and/or scattered everywhere, 3-4 rest areas shut down. Almost pissed myself.

If I didn't know a hurricane went through there I would have thought a tornado hit the area or a nuke went off. No telling how many convoys of Humvees, law enforcement, and utility trucks I saw. And the heavy fog made it fucking creepy as shit.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray