Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:34:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Where do native Floridians go for vacation?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where do native Floridians go for vacation?  (Read 1954 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: October 12, 2018, 02:47:43 pm »

Being a northerner most of us like to head south for warm weather on vacations; especially if taking a vacation in the fall/winter months.  That results in lots of us heading to South Carolina or Florida.  So I just got to wondering where do native Floridians like to go for vacation?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 03:06:07 pm »

Being a native Floridian:

--Savannah during St. Patrick Day is probably my favorite time of year...huge block party in all of historic Savannah
--St. Augustine is one of my favorites.  Beautiful, historic and so much cool stuff to do. 
--Key West.  Not much better than walking up and down Duval bar hopping and sitting in the same bar stool Hemingway sat at.
--Cruises.  Going to Princess Cay and Freeport at the end of November.
--New England area.  Both of my parents are native Floridians too, my mom has never seen the leaves change so my dad is taking her up there.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 03:18:35 pm »

I've always wondered myself where warm climate people that already live in a tourist destination go for vacation.
Where in New England are your folks going for the foliage? Depending on how far North they're planning on going, they'd better hurry up.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 04:23:49 pm »

We were just talking about this with friends.

If we're going tropical, it's easy to do cruises to the Bahamas or Cuba or the Caribbean. 

Theme parks are a big destination for families here, for the weekend. 

Or we plan bigger stuff like Vegas or New York for cultural enrichment.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 04:27:44 pm »

On special holidays, I go to Denny's...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 09:00:42 am »

Being a native Floridian:

--Savannah during St. Patrick Day is probably my favorite time of year...huge block party in all of historic Savannah
--St. Augustine is one of my favorites.  Beautiful, historic and so much cool stuff to do. 
--Key West.  Not much better than walking up and down Duval bar hopping and sitting in the same bar stool Hemingway sat at.
--Cruises.  Going to Princess Cay and Freeport at the end of November.
--New England area.  Both of my parents are native Floridians too, my mom has never seen the leaves change so my dad is taking her up there.

All this but I'd like to add the Smokies in Tennessee if I want some cooler weather, different scenery and just want to get away from it all.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 11:53:00 am »

I go back to the mountains. Just recently did Vegas again though.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 12:22:44 pm »

Just got back from the mountains which is a favorite of ours. We spent a week back and forth between Tennessee and NC and stayed just outside of Gatlinburg. We took the Harleys with us this time and had a blast. We rode the Tail of the Dragon a few times while up there. It's dangerous but I highly recommend it!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 02:40:26 pm »

When I lived in Florida, I used to go to the mountains near Asheville, NC and I was always amazed how many Florida license plates I would see there.   Apparently that area is big with South Floridians. 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 03:42:35 pm »

When I lived in Florida, I used to go to the mountains near Asheville, NC and I was always amazed how many Florida license plates I would see there.   Apparently that area is big with South Floridians. 

winner !!! that area is fantastic .. best vacation i've ever had was fall in the mountains near asheville.  10/10 .. 5 stars .. 2 thumbs up .. however you rate it, it wins
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 11:11:45 am »

When I lived in Florida, I used to go to the mountains near Asheville, NC and I was always amazed how many Florida license plates I would see there.   Apparently that area is big with South Floridians. 
I spent the summer of 86 with friends close to Boone when I was in High School. I was shocked at how many people or their grandparents etc. had cabins there just from our little town of Sanford .... let alone Florida in general. I've been going back every since. We vacation all through the Blue Ridge and Smokys from Blue Ridge, Georgia to Boone, NC. My daughter was recruited by UNC Ashville so I spent a lot of time around there. My favorite place to be is along the Tennessee/NC lines in the mountains.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray