Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:41:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tannehill out, now begins the Era of Brock
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Tannehill out, now begins the Era of Brock  (Read 5358 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 14, 2018, 12:02:42 pm »

Tanny haters rejoice, the Era of Brock has begun.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/miami-dolphins/bc611111-5f72-4e23-aaa5-a57231b8e7fc
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 12:46:32 pm »

In latest news, Matt Moore was seen hanging around the VIP lounge drinking fruity drinks and reading a playbook, LMAO.

Here we go, the implosion begins....

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 01:20:26 pm »

In latest news, Brock looks world's better than Tannehill has this season.  Commanding drive.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 04:48:09 pm »

I don’t know. That number 8 QB? Wasn’t that Marty Moore’s number? He’s back!

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 04:51:39 pm »

Brock Osweiler for starter.  He actually reads progressions and throws the ball away.  He's a better QB for this team than Tannehill. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 05:04:40 pm »

Gase just walked out of the post game press conference. He looked pretty annoyed that they kept asking about Tannehill and Osweiler. Poor guy can't even enjoy a win. He must be a blast a parties, haha.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 05:47:58 pm »

Brock isn't some 1st round pick that the fans ant to start. This is Brock Osweiller, he is total garbage. He had a good game, maybe he can have another one but that's it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 07:10:39 pm »

Brock isn't some 1st round pick that the fans ant to start. This is Brock Osweiller, he is total garbage. He had a good game, maybe he can have another one but that's it.
He just put up 380 yds and 3 TDs against the 2nd best defense in the league. Gase gets the most out of him.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 09:53:22 pm »

. Gase gets the most out of him.

Let's not get carried away with one game, especially a game where we switched starters that morning, they said the same thing about Cutler
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 07:29:41 am »

He just put up 380 yds and 3 TDs against the 2nd best defense in the league. Gase gets the most out of him.

Seriously, go back and look at the game. Actually WATCH it. He had a great game for a backup, but he's not a good quarterback. He has NO arm and cannot throw the ball down the field at all. His yards today were extremely YAC heavy. That interception on the out route was just way, way too easy. Stared down his receiver all the way.

I haven't been happy with Tannehill this season and have criticized him even after what other people considered a great game, so there's no pro Tannhill bias here, this is just about Brock.

But just like everyone was ecstatic about Tannehill after a win with good stats, so it is with Brock now.

Oh, and the offensive line is still laughably bad, if you go and look at the tape. One stunt or linebacker coming instead of an end, and it's a clean shot at the QB. The only reason we haven't been taking more sacks this season is because the play calling is designed to get the ball out ridiculously quickly, plus keeping a bunch of extra guys in to block (close to max-protect). Our running backs, Gore in particular, have done a spectacular job blocking.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 08:46:35 am »

Seriously, go back and look at the game. Actually WATCH it. He had a great game for a backup, but he's not a good quarterback. He has NO arm and cannot throw the ball down the field at all. His yards today were extremely YAC heavy. That interception on the out route was just way, way too easy. Stared down his receiver all the way.

I haven't been happy with Tannehill this season and have criticized him even after what other people considered a great game, so there's no pro Tannhill bias here, this is just about Brock.

But just like everyone was ecstatic about Tannehill after a win with good stats, so it is with Brock now.

Oh, and the offensive line is still laughably bad, if you go and look at the tape. One stunt or linebacker coming instead of an end, and it's a clean shot at the QB. The only reason we haven't been taking more sacks this season is because the play calling is designed to get the ball out ridiculously quickly, plus keeping a bunch of extra guys in to block (close to max-protect). Our running backs, Gore in particular, have done a spectacular job blocking.
No doubt Tannehill has a better arm.  No doubt the second INT was a bad throw. 

Difference I saw was Brock had command over the offense like I've never seen with Tannehill.  Difference being he reads progressions.  Difference being he may stare down receivers a bit, but not like Tannehill does.  Difference being he wasn't responsible for 2 defensive touchdowns (although you could argue he did cause one) that cost us the game.  Difference being Brock just put up 31 points on the 2nd best defense in football.  Difference being, he gets the ball out of his hands and doesn't hold on to it like a dummy, even on quick throws.

Thing is, Tannehill isn't a good QB either.  I've really lost faith in him this year, he looks mostly lost.  His success has also come from YAC yards from Grant and Wilson.  The offense just looks a lot better with Brock under center.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 08:58:10 am by Tenshot13 » Logged
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 09:08:49 am »

No doubt Tannehill has a better arm.  No doubt the second INT was a bad throw. 

Difference I saw was Brock had command over the offense like I've never seen with Tannehill.  Difference being he reads progressions.  Difference being he may stare down receivers a bit, but not like Tannehill does.  Difference being he wasn't responsible for 2 defensive touchdowns (although you could argue he did cause one) that cost us the game.  Difference being Brock just put up 31 points on the 2nd best defense in football.  Difference being, he gets the ball out of his hands and doesn't hold on to it like a dummy, even on quick throws.

Thing is, Tannehill isn't a good QB either.  I've really lost faith in him this year, he looks mostly lost.  His success has also come from YAC yards from Grant and Wilson.  The offense just looks a lot better with Brock under center.

On one hand, the Bears had no tape on Osweiler.   That could very well change next week.  I've seen it countless times where the backup gets a surprise start or comes in mid-game and plays lights out, then the next week he gets blasted when his opponents have a full week to prepare for him. 

On the other hand, this offense did look much better with Osweiler under center.   Keeping the guy with starting experience as your backup turned out to be a stroke of genius for your GM. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 09:14:07 am »

On one hand, the Bears had no tape on Osweiler.   That could very well change next week.  I've seen it countless times where the backup gets a surprise start or comes in mid-game and plays lights out, then the next week he gets blasted when his opponents have a full week to prepare for him. 

Dolphins fans saw it throughout Moore's time with us but some are still taking the bait.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 09:15:09 am »

Dolphins fans saw it throughout Moore's time with us but some are still taking the bait.
Moore was a gunslinger that took chances.  Brock looks like he has the best command of this offense than any other QB I've seen under Gase's tender.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 09:23:12 am »

I'll leave it to The Onion...

https://sports.theonion.com/is-it-time-for-the-osweiler-family-to-admit-the-brock-o-1820135808

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray