Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:01:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tannehill out, now begins the Era of Brock
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Tannehill out, now begins the Era of Brock  (Read 5360 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 09:07:20 am »

Brock and Roll!

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 09:08:20 am »

I feel like the whole Tannehill,now Brock mania,are being set up by false expectations Shocked...Tannehill coming back playing ok the 1st few games then having some clunkers after the injuries to the O-line,and after 1 game by Brock thinking he's going to be so much better. Huh  Shocked Are you guy's going to be calling for David Fales when Brock has a clunker?

So I looked up info about Tannehill's current injury, and if it is so bad that he can't suit up for this game (and maybe the next) his career with the Dolphins is over after this season.  You just can't have an average QB on the roster that constantly misses games.  Looking at his contract for next year, he is due to get paid $18,750,000.00 dollars next year, with a cap hit of $26.6 MILLION dollars.  The Dolphins just can't tie up that much money on a questionable player, with repeated missed games over three consecutive season.  If they cut him next year the dead cap money is $13.4 Million against the cap, verus the $26.6M if they keep him. (Heck, Tom Brady who is working on a two year extension for this year and next year is only making $20M this year, and $15M next year.).

So, I guess maybe it is the Brock Era, well at least for this year and until they can get next years' drafted QB ready to start.

**Hijack Rant***
Pffftt...next year? That requires some type of forethought. Cheesy That's asking far too much,this team doesn't think past this game.

IMO this team needs a tear down rebuild from the ground up,to thin out these bad contracts,and bodges. Hopefully it will be with a new front office. We'll have 13 million in cap penalties next year from Suh,if we dump Tannehill another 13 million penalty.Reshad Jones, Love him as a player,but damn he's missing too many games each year,and 17 million cap number (23 million of we cut him)...Yeah we'll have some money(No Parker,rearrange some contracts,cuts etc) as long we don't go shopping in free agency with this front office...https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

** End hijack rant****

Let's see if the O-line shows up this week,Brock knows the system well.I'm hopeful he can not blow it and keep us in the game....But no that confident.It was awesome seeing us getting in many more manageable 2nd +3rd down situations last week versus the Bears.Those weren't there a lot the past few weeks,Our running game gaining 1-2 yards ,or losing yards on 1st down.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 09:13:11 am »

I feel like the whole Tannehill,now Brock mania,are being set up by false expectations Shocked...Tannehill coming back playing ok the 1st few games then having some clunkers after the injuries to the O-line,and after 1 game by Brock thinking he's going to be so much better. Huh  Shocked Are you guy's going to be calling for David Fales when Brock has a clunker?

**Hijack Rant***
Pffftt...next year? That requires some type of forethought. Cheesy That's asking far too much,this team doesn't think past this game.

IMO this team needs a tear down rebuild from the ground up,to thin out these bad contracts,and bodges. Hopefully it will be with a new front office. We'll have 13 million in cap penalties next year from Suh,if we dump Tannehill another 13 million penalty.Reshad Jones, Love him as a player,but damn he's missing too many games each year,and 17 million cap number (23 million of we cut him)...Yeah we'll have some money(No Parker,rearrange some contracts,cuts etc) as long we don't go shopping in free agency with this front office...https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins/

** End hijack rant****

Let's see if the O-line shows up this week,Brock knows the system well.I'm hopeful he can not blow it and keep us in the game....But no that confident.It was awesome seeing us getting in many more manageable 2nd +3rd down situations last week versus the Bears.Those weren't there a lot the past few weeks,Our running game gaining 1-2 yards ,or losing yards on 1st down.

We're 4-2, tied for 4th best record in the league, and you want to blow things up?  Come on man!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 10:11:40 am »

Detroit is 2-3 and Houston is 3-3. Both games are winnable but Brock has to not suck and we can't keep losing starters every single game due to injury. Honestly, it's a minor miracle we are 4-2.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 10:40:55 am »

Detroit is 2-3 and Houston is 3-3. Both games are winnable but Brock has to not suck and we can't keep losing starters every single game due to injury. Honestly, it's a minor miracle we are 4-2.
It's also a minor miracle we're not 5-1.  It took two defensive TDs from Cinci one of which was a freak play.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 11:55:16 am »

We're 4-2, tied for 4th best record in the league, and you want to blow things up?  Come on man!

Got to agree with 10 here.  If you are 2-4 you lmight be thinking about next year.  If you are 4-2 and tied both for the division and the wildcard, you focus on making the playoffs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2018, 12:03:20 pm »

I'm not the one that brought up next year,but just commented on it Roll Eyes....Excuse the fuck out of me,all the Tannehill haters,keep screaming draft a QB Roll Eyes....I'd like to actually have an O-line to protect a QB,and have a chance to succeed... Tongue 

This is exactly why we've had these 20 years of futility...."But,We're just A,B,And C players away from being contenders" " We have this Record"...Then the wheels fall off...We do just enough,and get lucky here and there...and go right into that mode...again...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:10:31 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 01:21:49 pm »

From what I understand, it wasn’t that Brock played lights out, but rather the Oline had it’s best game of the season.  And a constant refrain during Tannihill’s entire tenure is that he is stuck behind a terrible oline. 

This begs the question why did the oline play better?  Did the oline finally come together and gell just in time for Brock?  Or is there something Brock is doing different that makes the Oline better?  Does RT have a weakness at communicating with. the oline, a chemistry issue with them etc?. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 02:03:17 pm »

From what I understand, it wasn’t that Brock played lights out, but rather the Oline had it’s best game of the season.  And a constant refrain during Tannihill’s entire tenure is that he is stuck behind a terrible oline. 

This begs the question why did the oline play better?  Did the oline finally come together and gell just in time for Brock?  Or is there something Brock is doing different that makes the Oline better?  Does RT have a weakness at communicating with. the oline, a chemistry issue with them etc?. 
After watching how Brock called everything at the line, and how it was so much better than anything I've seen Tannehill do, I would say that is exactly the reason why.  RT has a weakness in that department, as well as holding on to the ball too long.  Never really had pocket awareness.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2018, 08:05:50 am »

I have so much faith in Brock that I picked Detroit as my Fan Duel Defense this week.   Grin
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2018, 08:34:48 am »

Brock and Roll!

Doc Brock and Spiderman

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2018, 04:45:34 pm »

The Oline wasn't better. Rewatching the game shows that pretty clearly. It's also backed up by PFF's grades.

What happened wasn't that the 5 guys up front played better, but that they had A TON of help. Basically, deciding to put two hats on Khalil Mack EVERY DOWN, regardless, meant that there always had to be someone on the end of the line (often two), plus quite often a runningback to pick up the blitz. In a standard 4-man rush, which the Bears sent quite often, that put the Dolphins with 6-8 guys against 4. Even when Chicago sent an extra guy, the Dolphins basically had at least 1 guy for an extra double-team.

The result of that, of course, is that there was basically no deep game, at all. The route options are pretty limited when so many guys are kept in to block. It does open up some throws to the tight ends, which we also saw, plus throws to running backs and some screens -- and that covers most of the passes in that game.

The Lions have this on tape, so if the Dolphins don't do anything to mix things up, it's going to be a really tough day on offense. On the other hand, Brock seemed to have a much weaker arm than anyone had expected. If everyone knows you can't throw the deep ball, a decent out, or anything across the field when out of the pocket, then there's little reason to have guys running those routes. Might as well keep some more guys in pass protect.

I fully expect we'll see tons of runs and very short throws on Sunday. If the receivers can pull off some miracle YAC, Brock could wind up with some decent stats. Otherwise, it's going to be up to Gore.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2018, 07:56:00 pm »

Those meaty claws are going to carve up the Lions defense, we win by 20 points
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray