Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:19:01 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game ball - Bears
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Game ball - Bears  (Read 3428 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 14, 2018, 04:49:49 pm »

BROCK!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 04:54:59 pm »

Brock

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 05:48:14 pm »

Can only be Brock.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 05:53:39 pm »

Honorable mention to Wilson? Anyone?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 08:15:29 pm »

Brock, Wilson, and Sanders

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 10:41:36 pm »

Jeremiah Washburn -O-line coach,the O-line was the engine that made it all work......Gore 101 yards rushing,Brock got the ball out on a ton of short passes,and the playmakers made the big plays...

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 02:13:18 am »

O line coach.   No sacks to the team in the league that gets the most sacks.  And also allowed us to run the ball.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 07:21:33 am »

Brock? Seriously? His only completion down the field was on a ball that HIT SOMEONE ELSE and bounced into Stills' hands. His INT on the out route was horrible.

He played a solid game, not saying he didn't, but it wasn't exactly great.

Game ball goes to Wilson for making Brock look good and turning nothing into two scores:

75 4 1-10-MIA 25 (3:17) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short middle to A.Wilson for 75 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
43 4 3-6-CHI 43 (9:19) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short right to A.Wilson for 43 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

(from the gamebook)

HM to Sanders for going 3 for 3, including hitting the game-winning 47 yarder (first game-winning FG of his career) and a 50 yarder (longest of his career).

Another HM to Reshard Jones and Frank Gore for playing lights out.

There were more players deserving of being mentioned, including Kiko Alonso for a slew of great tackles plus a nice fumble recovery and Nick O'Leary for his first 4 receptions of the year, including an easy touchdown.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 08:32:21 am »

BROCK!

BROCK X2

I'd rather be lucky than good.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 09:34:24 am »

Grin Albert Wilson
Ageless wonder, Frank Gore
I must say Brock

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 10:14:16 am »

Brock? Seriously? His only completion down the field was on a ball that HIT SOMEONE ELSE and bounced into Stills' hands. His INT on the out route was horrible.

He played a solid game, not saying he didn't, but it wasn't exactly great.

Game ball goes to Wilson for making Brock look good and turning nothing into two scores:

75 4 1-10-MIA 25 (3:17) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short middle to A.Wilson for 75 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
43 4 3-6-CHI 43 (9:19) (Shotgun) B.Osweiler pass short right to A.Wilson for 43 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

(from the gamebook)

HM to Sanders for going 3 for 3, including hitting the game-winning 47 yarder (first game-winning FG of his career) and a 50 yarder (longest of his career).

Another HM to Reshard Jones and Frank Gore for playing lights out.

There were more players deserving of being mentioned, including Kiko Alonso for a slew of great tackles plus a nice fumble recovery and Nick O'Leary for his first 4 receptions of the year, including an easy touchdown.
Looks like you are in the vast minority.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 10:25:09 am »

Looks like you are in the vast minority.
I'm not sure about that. I tend to agree with FYO. Not really sure that Osweiller deserves the majority of the credit. Seems like the majority of the credit should go to Wilson on the 2 TD's and the majority of the blame should go to Osweiller on the 2 INT's. Now I have not watched the game because it's not on in my area so I'll withhold full judgement till I at least see the drop backs, but I did see the 2 TD's for Wilson and obviously any QB could have completed those passes.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:29:30 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 10:37:59 am »

I'm not sure about that. I tend to agree with FYO. Not really sure that Osweiller deserves the majority of the credit. Seems like the majority of the credit should go to Wilson on the 2 TD's and the majority of the blame should go to Osweiller on the 2 INT's. Now I have not watched the game because it's not on in my area so I'll withhold full judgement till I at least see the drop backs, but I did see the 2 TD's for Wilson and obviously any QB could have completed those passes.
You are in the minority too man, just look in this thread.  I'm not knocking Wilson, he had a fantastic game, but you just said you didn't watch the game.  His first INT was not his fault at all, Parker in his usual soft self let Fuller, untouched, catch that INT on a deep 1 on 1.  Even Greg Jennings who was announcing the game and was a pretty damn good WR in his own right said Parker has to go up and contest that.  The second INT had pick six all over and was completely Brock's fault...they stopped him, but the offense scored on the next play.  You also didn't see how commanding Brock was at the line, changing plays, calling out blitzers, it was worlds different than Tannehill.  In fact, it reminded me a lot of Chad Pennington with a better arm.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 10:40:38 am »

Brock had a decent game, but Wilson did all the work on those TDs. His effort gets my game ball.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 10:45:27 am »

You are in the minority too man, just look in this thread. 
I see 4 people that said Brock alone. I see 3 people now that say Wilson. There's a couple votes for a few others.

I'm not knocking Wilson, he had a fantastic game, but you just said you didn't watch the game.  His first INT was not his fault at all, Parker in his usual soft self let Fuller, untouched, catch that INT on a deep 1 on 1.  Even Greg Jennings who was announcing the game and was a pretty damn good WR in his own right said Parker has to go up and contest that.  The second INT had pick six all over and was completely Brock's fault...they stopped him, but the offense scored on the next play.  You also didn't see how commanding Brock was at the line, changing plays, calling out blitzers, it was worlds different than Tannehill.  In fact, it reminded me a lot of Chad Pennington with a better arm.
Ok. I'll wait till I see the game or at least the dropbacks to see if I change my vote.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:47:10 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray