Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:44:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game ball - Bears
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Game ball - Bears  (Read 3424 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 10:50:40 am »

Albert Wilson.
The two throws to him were nothing and Wilson (plus blockers) did all the work.  Take those dumpoffs off of Brock's resume and what does his day look like?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2018, 11:20:50 am »

Albert Wilson.
The two throws to him were nothing and Wilson (plus blockers) did all the work.  Take those dumpoffs off of Brock's resume and what does his day look like?
Take Tannehill's shovel pass to Wilson vs. the Raiders (74 yards TD) or his 5 yard slant he took to the house that any QB could throw vs. the Jets (29 yards TD) and the shovel pass to Grant in the same Raiders game (18 yards 1TD).  That leaves Tannehill with 851 yards, 5 TDs and 5 INT.  Not exactly stellar huh.  I mean, if we're taking stuff away from people, this comparison is only fair.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2018, 11:21:04 am »

I don't want to take anything away from Brock because I think they if you're a backup and you can come in and put up enough numbers to win, that's all that's asked of you.

But I don't think he played incredibly well or anything.  His statline is mostly padded with dunks that ended up being big runs where the guy in the flat made a few plays.  ...and he didn't exactly protect the football.  He had all but a pick-6, where the Bears came and scored immediately.

It didn't feel to me that we won because of Brock, but he deserves credit for not screwing it up.  He was decent, but not stellar.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2018, 11:35:00 am »

Take Tannehill's shovel pass to Wilson vs. the Raiders (74 yards TD) or his 5 yard slant he took to the house that any QB could throw vs. the Jets (29 yards TD) and the shovel pass to Grant in the same Raiders game (18 yards 1TD).  That leaves Tannehill with 851 yards, 5 TDs and 5 INT.  Not exactly stellar huh.  I mean, if we're taking stuff away from people, this comparison is only fair.

And you are bringing Tannehill up why? This is about yesterday's game, which he did not play in.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 11:37:53 am »

It's fair, sure.  But also ZERO people nominated Tannehill for a game ball against the Raiders.  ...whereas, there seems to be praise for Brock on similar numbers.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2018, 12:44:28 pm »

It's fair, sure.  But also ZERO people nominated Tannehill for a game ball against the Raiders.  ...whereas, there seems to be praise for Brock on similar numbers.
Similar numbers for a backup who hasn't started a game and hasn't taken many first team snaps in practice. But in my opinion that says more about Tannehill than it does Brock.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 12:49:09 pm »

Similar numbers for a backup who hasn't started a game and hasn't taken many first team snaps in practice. But in my opinion that says more about Tannehill than it does Brock.
On the other hand it's not like Brock doesn't have game experience. He has plenty of it. Which is the exact reason that I wanted him on the Dolphins roster from the beginning. If David Fales had come in and played the way that Brock did then you might have a point. If we are being fair then Osweiller did exactly what he was supposed to do which is fill in for RT and hopefully not prevent the Dolphins from winning. He did exactly that which is commendable but it doesn't necessarily mean he deserves a game ball and it certainly doesn't mean if Tannehill is healthy that there should be a switch at the QB position. What we should probably be discussing is even if Parker is healthy should he be starting in place of Wilson? Now there's a good discussion.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:01:04 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 01:05:37 pm »

What we should probably be discussing is even if Parker is healthy should he be starting in place of Wilson? Now there's a good discussion.
Is that a joke? I'd trade Parker for a cold beer and some good nachos. Fuck it, give him away for free. He's useless.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »

Wilson.  In week #1 pre-game talk I heard one of the talking heads picking Wilson to be a breakout performer for the Dolphins, and Wilson seems to make plays every week.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2018, 02:32:21 pm »

Is that a joke? I'd trade Parker for a cold beer and some good nachos. Fuck it, give him away for free. He's useless.

This is hardly the thread, but he had his man beat down the sideline on the one interception (the ball was 5 yards underthrown).
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2018, 03:07:38 pm »

This is hardly the thread, but he had his man beat down the sideline on the one interception (the ball was 5 yards underthrown).
As noted many times in the past and by the commentators yesterday. Pringles doesn't go after the ball. Yeah, so he beat his man. So what? You have to evaluate his overall production vs what he's being paid. His production is shit, no one can argue that fact.

I'd rather give Ford a chance to see what he has to offer than waste more time on a bust. It will take more than one good breakout game to prove otherwise and we'll probably never see a breakout game from him. The only thing that Pringles has been consistent at is inconsistency. He's rich, he should go retire and drink daiquiris.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2018, 05:40:53 pm »

Agreed: neither Tannehill nor Brock should win 2018 team MVP so far.  But that's not a game ball.

Tannehill didn't deserve game ball against the Raiders, and Brock doesn't deserve it against the Bears.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 11:28:46 am »

To strengthen your stance, Albert Wilson named AFC offensive player of the week
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 01:19:03 pm »

It's still off the board.  Does anyone know anything about gambling -- Does anywhere in Vegas take this bet, but it's off the board of major places?  And if it's nowhere, where is ESPN getting their line from?

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 01:52:50 pm »

And if it's nowhere, where is ESPN getting their line from?

Matthew Berry?  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray