Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:08:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  SOTG - Bears
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: SOTG - Bears  (Read 5139 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 14, 2018, 04:50:33 pm »

Mctyer got burned all day.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 05:30:43 pm »

Yes

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 08:17:19 pm »

Drake

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 09:39:21 pm »

If we'd lost, it'd have to have been Drake, right?  Even before the fumble, Gore was doing so much more with his opportunities.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 04:14:12 am »

If we'd lost, it'd have to have been Drake, right?  Even before the fumble, Gore was doing so much more with his opportunities.
Is it me or do you think that we should be using Drake more at toward the beginning of the game and slowly incorporate Gore as the game goes on. I'd rather have Gore fresh(er) later in the game and for the 4th quarter. 

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 07:37:10 am »

McTyer got beat badly quite a few times and his technique is extremely sloppy. He NEVER gets his head around, he turns his hips way too early in coverage (making it harder to follow the receiver if he cuts the other way), and sometimes even turns the wrong way 'round to follow his man in coverage (if your back is turned to BOTH the ball and the receiver you are supposedly covering, yeah, you're probably doing it wrong).

To be fair, he did have a few good pickups of screens and resulted in some nice loss of yards.

Drake is the easy guy to point to for the SotG. You just can't put the ball on the ground like that. Especially in overtime.

It's funny, if Wilson didn't make magic a few times, Osweiler would have been the consensus SotG, but 100+ yards and two touchdowns on nothing throws and half the fans think Osweiler is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 09:16:46 am »

Is it me or do you think that we should be using Drake more at toward the beginning of the game and slowly incorporate Gore as the game goes on. I'd rather have Gore fresh(er) later in the game and for the 4th quarter. 

I think they want to tire out the defense with a pounder like Gore, so when Drake is out there he's more likely to break one long.  I don't necessarily agree with that, but that's the school of thought.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 09:40:13 am »

Drake for Fumbling at the 1..  luckily for him Cody missed the FG

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 11:16:36 am »

I don't know if it's timing or what.  It just seems like they're different types of runners.  Gore barrels ahead and falls forward...gonna get you 3-5 yards.  Drake is gonna run down the line to find a hole.  Perhaps it depends on who we're playing, as to who will be more effective. 

I hear a lot of guff about the play call where Drake fumbled, but I can't fault the call. The guy had a clear path to the endzone with the ball in his hands...he just dropped it.   I do kinda find the personnel choice strange.  Gore seems like a more sure bet in that situation, just based on the type of runner he is.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 11:24:50 am »

I don't know if it's timing or what.  It just seems like they're different types of runners.  Gore barrels ahead and falls forward...gonna get you 3-5 yards.  Drake is gonna run down the line to find a hole.  Perhaps it depends on who we're playing, as to who will be more effective. 

I hear a lot of guff about the play call where Drake fumbled, but I can't fault the call. The guy had a clear path to the endzone with the ball in his hands...he just dropped it.   I do kinda find the personnel choice strange.  Gore seems like a more sure bet in that situation, just based on the type of runner he is.
There were rumors Gore was hurt a bit, he was getting up slow towards the goal line when they took him out.  He could have just been gassed too, but I don't think they put Drake in because of a gameplan type of scenario.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 12:23:20 pm »

^ That makes sense.  And it was fine...I mean, they did design a play that got them the TD.  They forgot to put the part in where you hold on to the ball, though.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 01:01:30 pm »

I hear a lot of guff about the play call where Drake fumbled, but I can't fault the call. The guy had a clear path to the endzone with the ball in his hands...he just dropped it.   I do kinda find the personnel choice strange.  Gore seems like a more sure bet in that situation, just based on the type of runner he is.
To me Gore just seems to be able to run better on a tired defense. Harder to stop and breaks more tackles. Which in turn would keep the chains moving and clock running.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 02:36:40 pm »

There were rumors Gore was hurt a bit, he was getting up slow towards the goal line when they took him out.  He could have just been gassed too, but I don't think they put Drake in because of a gameplan type of scenario.

Gore was completely gassed, as on doubled over and struggling to breathe properly. I was calling for the Dolphins to take a timeout just to give their best player in the situation a breather. Sure, you give the D a rest as well, but with Gore out of breath, it seemed worth it to me.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 02:37:09 pm »

To me Gore just seems to be able to run better on a tired defense. Harder to stop and breaks more tackles. Which in turn would keep the chains moving and clock running.

But if he's hurt or gassed, what can you do?   He's old and can't handle the rigors of a full workload anymore.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 02:43:05 pm »

All of these would be fair second-guesses, but Gase's solution also worked.

He had a guy make it into the endzone, that received the hand-off and fumbled without contact.  It was just an oddity play.  In fact, it's kinda nice that you have options of different ways to get that 1 yard.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray