Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:41:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  For next week....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: For next week....  (Read 1199 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 14, 2018, 08:16:58 pm »

Should Gase not tell who he is starting?

That way, the opponents won't know who to game plan for.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:30:54 am »

There is no question. Unless Tannehill is injured, Tannehill is the starter.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:40:18 am »

There is no question. Unless Tannehill is injured, Tannehill is the starter.

Agreed, part of me likes the infusion Brock injected into the game yesterday, but again, he's a backup and it showed with that nearly pick-6 he had in the 3rd Q.

Props though to Brock staying with it and keeping the players engaged, especially I heard the comments he made to Drake after the fumble "saying that Chicago was gonna miss the FG and he needed Drake and his swag" when they got the ball back.

Brock's arm was not as strong as I had imagine either.  The deep INT he threw before half showed, as he should have put that ball to the outside where only Parker could have gotten it.

All in all, he came in, did his job and got the win. Good for him and the team.

The one thing I will say and it's obvious, regardless if your a Tannehill defender or not, he went through his reads and made throws to WRs that RT usually doesn't do.  That's my BIGGEST knock on RT, that he doesn't make reads quick enough and locks on a WR.

If he corrects that issue, he literally would elevate his game to the next level. Until then, he is what he is.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 09:14:17 am »

Start Brock.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 11:22:50 am »

Nobody will be fooled.  If Tannehill is medically healthy, he plays.  Everyone understands that, so I suppose you can with-hold the diagnosis, but I don't think other teams are going to buy it from a QB controversy angle.  And even then, I don't think Brock is really a guy you have to gameplan for.  He's a pretty straight-forward, average on a good day, type of player.  ...which is what a backup needs to be.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 11:46:58 am »

one of the problems keeping it a secret is that to be effective you need to withhold that information from your own team too, otherwise it will most likely leak out.  the advantage of the opposing dc not knowing who will be the QB can be outweighed by the disadvantage of the WR not knowing who will be throwing the ball to them until Saturday night.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 12:44:13 pm »

You can keep it a secret who you plan to start, but you can't keep it a secret who is practicing. Teams are going to prepare for the QB they expect to start based on who is taking the 1st team reps.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 01:23:45 pm »

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Ohhh geez...Really?....This feels like Jay Fiedler vs.....Ray Lucas,Brian Griese,or A.J. Feeley arguments of.... "Who should start each week",all effin over again....Half the fan base is going to bitch and whine every week...This guy played better,this guy should have played,he sucks.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Yep, I was one of those people.....

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 02:09:00 pm »

The one thing I will say and it's obvious, regardless if your a Tannehill defender or not, he went through his reads and made throws to WRs that RT usually doesn't do.  That's my BIGGEST knock on RT, that he doesn't make reads quick enough and locks on a WR.

If he corrects that issue, he literally would elevate his game to the next level. Until then, he is what he is.

He's had years to figure it out, and hasn't.  So I don't have any faith he will.  Tannehill has reached his ceiling (which is basically a journeyman QB level); the Dolphins need to do whatever is necessary to draft a top QB next year.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray