Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 05:17:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Texans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Texans  (Read 3674 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 25, 2018, 11:26:16 pm »

The defense.

HM to Gase

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 05:46:47 am »

Tough one. Lots of players had a terrible game.

The defensive tackles are just not good and that's causing the problems with the run D. If you note on runs between the tackles, half the time the tackle comes from behind (either one of the ends or a blitz) and the other half of the time it's one of the DBs, usually Reshad Jones, although McCain had his share as well. No push at all from those DTs (Spence / Godchaux / Taylor).  I get why we didn't keep Suh, but those guys are just not cutting it.

Possibly the worst defensive performance of the day was TJ McDonald at safety. At least two of those long passes were on him and his closing speed once the ball is thrown leaves a lot to be desired.

McCain didn't exactly look great either.

Ultimately, the shame of the game goes to Burke for the team "effort", closely followed by McDonald for the individual "effort".
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 09:26:01 am »

If I'm being a smart-ass, the Shame is the NFL for making a team get only 3 days of rest + travelling on a plane, then expecting them to play to the highest level of athleticism in the middle of the night.  Thursday night games are uncompetitive trash.

Other than that....Burke, I guess?  The defense was bad. 

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 11:20:07 am »

If I'm being a smart-ass, the Shame is the NFL for making a team get only 3 days of rest + travelling on a plane, then expecting them to play to the highest level of athleticism in the middle of the night.  Thursday night games are uncompetitive trash.

Thursday night games should only be teams that had a bye. I think i remember seeing some stat that said the home teams win almost 65% of the time on Thursday night. That's a 2 out of 3 chance.

Not sure that we have the defensive coordinator this team needs as Matt Burke's guys have completely fallen off the chart.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 12:43:31 pm »

Going back to Thursday night every week was a big mistake.   They need to have Thursday night games only on opening week, Thanksgiving, and the last three weeks of the season after the college regular season ends

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 01:38:35 pm »

Pringles.  This game showed what kind of player he can be if he gives effort, the problem is he never wants to give 100%.  Good luck to him in Arizona, or wherever he ends up.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 01:42:54 pm »

Pringles.  This game showed what kind of player he can be if he gives effort, the problem is he never wants to give 100%.  Good luck to him in Arizona, or wherever he ends up.

Reminds me of an old stand up comedy routine.  "She is actually pretty if you get her in just the right lighting.  The problem is, it isn't very often that you find just the right lighting."
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 03:13:25 pm »

No, this is good. 

+1

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2018, 07:40:52 pm »

If the league is going to continue to have Thursday night games, they need to move to two byes.  Games in London or on Thursday should come immediately after a bye.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 09:06:04 pm »

Sure didn't seem to affect the Texans last night

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2018, 11:59:32 am »

If the league is going to continue to have Thursday night games, they need to move to two byes.  Games in London or on Thursday should come immediately after a bye.

If they want to do only one bye, they need to quit having games in London.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray