Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:35:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Half Way Point of the Season: Where Do You Go From Here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Half Way Point of the Season: Where Do You Go From Here?  (Read 1450 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 26, 2018, 10:33:06 am »

Last nite's game brings the halfway point for Dolphins and boy, did it end with a THUD!

I'd be the first to admit I'm on Twitter blasting almost anything that doesn't go this team's way: from bad offensive play calls, guys not living up to their hype, bad defensive schemes and of course, my favorite bad calls by the Refs

In order of importance, what do think is the first step in the getting this organization/team pointed in the right direction and getting this competitive team and the fans behind them?

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »

Tank.  4 wins might get a top pick.  I'm tired of sitting 12-18 in the draft.  We need talent under center.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 03:33:34 pm »

One game back of a wildcard and you want to tank?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 04:15:24 pm »

^once again the Pat's fan is the voice of reason.  Smdh.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 03:14:00 pm »

As long as I have been a fan, the most ridiculous talks comes from our own disgruntled fanbase.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 03:28:08 pm »

Don't panic. Dolphins are 4-4 and have a bunch of winnable games left on the schedule. We are not making the playoffs, but an 8-8 season would be a decent finish especially with the number of injuries that have derailed the season. Stay the course and continue to build out the roster and add pieces. The offensive line should be the next priority. Perhaps looking for a different defensive coordinator to get this VERY young defense working together. I know people want results yesterday, but it takes time. In my opinion the team has come a long way and they are not that far from getting over the hump. You can't keep tearing it down to start over every 3 years, that will not get you there any faster.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 03:30:20 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 07:42:23 pm »

I'm only a fan of tanking when there is an Andrew Luck-level talent on the board.  This is not the case.

You play to win the game.  Most of the teams to make the Super Bowl in the last 10 years did not do so by earning a top-three pick; they either built with middling picks or traded up.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 09:04:24 pm »

I'm only a fan of tanking when there is an Andrew Luck-level talent on the board.  This is not the case.

You play to win the game.  Most of the teams to make the Super Bowl in the last 10 years did not do so by earning a top-three pick; they either built with middling picks or traded up.

If you're talking about QBs, that's definitely accurate.  However, this draft is chock full of edge rushers and you'll need one to replace Cam Wake.   

Next year, the holy grail for QBs is eligible for the draft.... Tua Tagovaiola.   Next year is the year to tank
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:11:26 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 07:59:16 am »

My 1st half game balls,for their impact...

1.) Albert Wilson - I was wrong about him initially,though still don't love his contract going forward.Wilson before his injury brought the thing that I feared most about losing J.Landry,the ability make bigger plays from a short 3 yard pass play.

2.) Nick O'Leary - IMO you can say it's Brock,but since O'leary has been on the active roster,he's been the finger in the dyke of our not ready for primetime O-line.He's had an impact on our run game pounding F.Gore,and he had a an impact in 1 game in the passing game. Gray,and Derby being injured most of the season;Gesicki isn't a blocker,and Smythe the blocker isn't ready for the full time job.Hell even with Sam Young playing TE was no help,it seems like O'leary has been the guy we've needed,and should help the rest of the season...

Going forward...
Play the rest of the season,there is is no magic beans to fix this team,it's been under manned,with no depth,and will continue to suck.IMO This team has been destined for mediocrity at best from the start,see if you can a bucket of warm beer from anyone on this roster.

MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 02:57:34 pm »

So here's the thing:

How many of you are really okay with the continuous 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 seasons?  I'm not.  In that, I'm subsequently not super thrilled with the draft picks which come with 8-8 and 9-7 type seasons.

After the last couple of weeks if any of you are going to sit there and look me in the face and tell me this team has the talent to make a deep drive into the playoffs I'm going to ask for a drug test. They aren't. 

2019 has a decent crop at QB to select from.  I really like Ryan Finley.  Not going to get him drafting 12-18, isn't happening.

Draft 16th again, heading into next season with Tannehill AGAIN next season...THAT is a depressing thought.  Sorry, blokes.  This season is what it is.  I'm just a realist.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 03:03:50 pm »

So here's the thing:

How many of you are really okay with the continuous 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 seasons?  I'm not.  In that, I'm subsequently not super thrilled with the draft picks which come with 8-8 and 9-7 type seasons.

After the last couple of weeks if any of you are going to sit there and look me in the face and tell me this team has the talent to make a deep drive into the playoffs I'm going to ask for a drug test. They aren't. 

2019 has a decent crop at QB to select from.  I really like Ryan Finley.  Not going to get him drafting 12-18, isn't happening.

Draft 16th again, heading into next season with Tannehill AGAIN next season...THAT is a depressing thought.  Sorry, blokes.  This season is what it is.  I'm just a realist.
I think I'm falling in line with this thinking. I don't even want them to make a trade unless its us dumping people like Parker to get picks. We need a lot of help and I feel like we are treading water just to be medicore again. We got rid of Shula when he was at this point and no one is above Shula in this organization. Need to declare this season a bust and go with what brought you here while clearing out Tannebaum.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 08:14:15 pm »

The thing is that absolute garbage teams do not attract free agents, and I'm not willing to cheer for a 4-win season just to end up with next year's Blake Bortles or Jameis Winston.

If there's a surefire stud - someone whose draft prospects were in the discussion a draft ahead of the year he went pro - then fine, tank it up.  But QB is always graded on a curve, and even in a year with no platinum prospects there will always be a bunch of chatter about whoever is the best available.

Even if you think a top-5 pick is the key, there are still two ways to get there:

A) have a middling team capable of signing meaningful free agents, and trade a bunch of picks to move into the top-5
B) have a completely terrible team and hopefully hit on many early picks

I'm not convinced B is better than A.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 08:18:51 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray