Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:04:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is Gase the guy to lead us?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Is Gase the guy to lead us?  (Read 4658 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »

^Gase beat the 4-3 Bears

So what does that mean? He still has a very poor record against winning teams. No one is surprised to see the Dolphins get blown out when they play a good team and that says all you need to know.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 04:18:31 pm »

So what does that mean? He still has a very poor record against winning teams. No one is surprised to see the Dolphins get blown out when they play a good team and that says all you need to know.
Based on the pre season ranking of the team no one would have been surprised to see the Dolphins get blown out when they played a bad team. I think the team has held it together fairly well for having dumped Suh's contract and avoided having to overpay for Landry and Pouncey. That's a step in the right direction even if it doesn't show in the win-loss column. Next up, Cam Wake and perhaps Tannehill as well. While the team might not be better off on the field this year, they could be in much better shape contracts wise at the end of it. They could go out and get a high priced free agent QB for next year. Are their any to be had?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 11:38:49 am »

They could go out and get a high priced free agent QB for next year. Are their any to be had?

Yes and they live right next to the beachside house I have in WV that I am looking to sell.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 11:52:35 am »

They could go out and get a high priced free agent QB for next year. Are their any to be had?
Matt Ryan, but he'll be franchised at the very least.  Nick Foles.  Teddy Bridgewater.  Tyrod Taylor.  Maybe Jameis Winston, rumblings about him not being the guy long term in Tampa.  That's about it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 10:04:25 pm »

Maybe Jameis Winston, rumblings about him not being the guy long term in Tampa.
Or they could get Fitzmagic and have one on both sides of the ball.  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 08:26:49 am »

Yes and they live right next to the beachside house I have in WV that I am looking to sell.

A landlocked state has beaches?

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 08:51:27 am »

you can have a freshwater beach

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:53:51 am by Fau Teixeira » Logged
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 09:55:01 am »

I think the team has held it together fairly well for having dumped Suh's contract and avoided having to overpay for Landry and Pouncey. That's a step in the right direction even if it doesn't show in the win-loss column. Next up, Cam Wake and perhaps Tannehill as well. While the team might not be better off on the field this year, they could be in much better shape contracts wise at the end of it. They could go out and get a high priced free agent QB for next year. Are their any to be had?

All of this. They've made strides in dumping contracts that should have never been made  I know, at least for myself, I tend to be impatient and want this team/org to win now and be competitive.  Doesn't always happen and it's frustrating but I do like what I've seen in the last couple of drafts.

Now, as for Gase, I'm not sold on him yet.  I think he's brash and arrogant and maybe his play calling gets rewarded with a better QB, I do know that this Off has playmakers on it, from the RBs, to the WRs, etc.  Now, Wilson getting injured was just bad luck and other guys have been dinged up, but this happens to all NFL teams at some point.

I think the next best step is some more Def playmakers and a QB to run this offense.  I just don't think RT is the one to lead this team.  He's 30 yrs old, injured lately and that's not a good combo.  Too much $$$ next season for "average" play.  So, Dolphins need to pull the band-aid off, eat roughly $13 M in dead cap space and cut him and get someone, either a FA or draft a QB.  The key is evaluating the talent that's available and making the best decision.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 10:14:28 am »

All of this. They've made strides in dumping contracts that should have never been made  I know, at least for myself, I tend to be impatient and want this team/org to win now and be competitive.  Doesn't always happen and it's frustrating but I do like what I've seen in the last couple of drafts.

Now, as for Gase, I'm not sold on him yet.  I think he's brash and arrogant and maybe his play calling gets rewarded with a better QB, I do know that this Off has playmakers on it, from the RBs, to the WRs, etc.  Now, Wilson getting injured was just bad luck and other guys have been dinged up, but this happens to all NFL teams at some point.

I think the next best step is some more Def playmakers and a QB to run this offense.  I just don't think RT is the one to lead this team.  He's 30 yrs old, injured lately and that's not a good combo.  Too much $$$ next season for "average" play.  So, Dolphins need to pull the band-aid off, eat roughly $13 M in dead cap space and cut him and get someone, either a FA or draft a QB.  The key is evaluating the talent that's available and making the best decision.

A high priced free agent QB may be the only way to go as this year's draft is thin on QBs.  Next year's however, will be chock full of them. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2018, 01:26:27 pm »

A landlocked state has beaches?

About as many as available, quality free agent QBs
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 01:30:40 pm »

A high priced free agent QB may be the only way to go as this year's draft is thin on QBs.  Next year's however, will be chock full of them. 

Easier said than done. Come up with actual names and I'll take the discussion more seriously. That previous list is nothing I would throw big money to.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 01:44:33 pm »

Easier said than done. Come up with actual names and I'll take the discussion more seriously. That previous list is nothing I would throw big money to.

Tua Tagovaiola, Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, Justin Herbert, Jarrett Stidham, Shane Buchelle..... shall I continue?

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 02:29:42 pm »

^I think he's talking about the high priced free agent QBs, which there are none.

Matt Ryan, but he'll be franchised at the very least.  Nick Foles.  Teddy Bridgewater.  Tyrod Taylor.  Maybe Jameis Winston, rumblings about him not being the guy long term in Tampa.  That's about it.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 11:51:26 pm »

^I think he's talking about the high priced free agent QBs, which there are none.

Tampa is cursed at the QB position.  Jameis will be another QB in a long line to go to another team and kick ass

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2018, 01:23:31 pm »

Tua Tagovaiola, Jake Fromm, Jacob Eason, Justin Herbert, Jarrett Stidham, Shane Buchelle..... shall I continue?

I should have specified what I was commenting on, free agents. Please compile a list of any worth paying a high price tag for.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray