Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:26:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Gase Thursday Presser
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gase Thursday Presser  (Read 742 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 01, 2018, 05:14:02 pm »

quite the exchange between Aramando and Gase (though no punches were thrown)

Gase believes Tannehill not close to his ceiling. Salguero disagrees. Fight ensues.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220966680.html

Gase is tied to Tannehill. Either he transforms him into the upper-echelon QB in this league and he takes this team to the next level with playoffs & playoff wins OR he goes down with him like the Titantic.

Hate to have my hopes pinned to a 30-yr old guy, who's had multiple injuries the last 3 seasons.  That's a lot of faith

Look, I've stated it before, I like Tannehill, stand up guy, works hard, seems to have the tools to be a QB in this league (strong arm, tall, can take a hit), but what's missing from him is the "IT" factor that you know when you see a QB command a team and/or offense

- makes the throws in critical situations
- moves his teams into scoring situations and converts a good bit of the time
- brings his team back from being down multiple scores

I watched that TB vs CIN game on Sunday and Fitzy-Magic lead that team back from being down 18 pts in the 2nd half to tie the game.  Yes, TB made defensive adjustments to help the offense (something Matt Burke rarely does, and that's another story), but Fitzpatrick had to make the drives to score those points.

See, Fitzy has "IT", yes he's limited to some degree, but the players around him believe and know he can score for them.  Don't think the same can be said for RT

But for Adam Gase, he better learn quickly and to quote Clint: "Man's got to know his limitations"

I'd rather be lucky than good.
BeanCounter

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 09:56:38 am »

The way Gase talks about Ryan Tannehill is the same way Rex Ryan talked about Mark Sanchez.  Hoping Gase is a little smarter than Rex Ryan or the Dolphins are screwed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray