Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:06:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Jones "removed himself from the game"?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jones "removed himself from the game"?  (Read 1867 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: November 04, 2018, 06:56:53 pm »

What the hell.  I'm hoping initial reports are wrong.  But several media sources are saying that Reshad Jones took himself out of the game in the 2nd quarter and it wasn't due to an injury and he simply declined to play any further. Jones is one of the hardest working guys on the team.  I'm going to be VERY interested in hearing what the deal is with this. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 12:50:54 pm »

Yeah, I specifically came to the site today to find out WTF was up with this particular situation.  I'm concerned.  Very concerned.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 03:15:27 pm »

Jones is a team leader, not just some random guy. So, if he really quit on the team and it's not an injury, then we're screwed.

I mean, we are anyway because we have 9 healthy guys if you count the long snapper, but mentally we are doomed too.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 05:59:33 pm »

Jones was upset that they were doing a rotation and he was pulled from the game. He felt that he should stay on the field and refused to go back in. After the game he immediately left the locker room and didn't celebrate the victory with his teammates. The whole situation made him look like a pouting prima-donna and it didn't help the defense played lights out and his position got the last INT. Fortunately he met with Gase last night and worked it out so it seems to be water under the bridge as Gase has already stated he is playing next week.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 10:50:36 am »

Fortunately he met with Gase last night and worked it out so it seems to be water under the bridge as Gase has already stated he is playing next week.

Agree that it was total BS for him to act like that during a game.  I get it, he feels he's giving it his all, especially now that he's been playing with the shoulder strap after being hurt earlier in the season.  what should have happened is that he needed to discuss this AFTER the game.  Just bad optics, but if Gase and him cleared it up and it's all good then ilike you said it's water under the bridge.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 11:33:00 am »

Agree that it was total BS for him to act like that during a game.  I get it, he feels he's giving it his all, especially now that he's been playing with the shoulder strap after being hurt earlier in the season.  what should have happened is that he needed to discuss this AFTER the game.  Just bad optics, but if Gase and him cleared it up and it's all good then ilike you said it's water under the bridge.
I actually think this is an easy one. He's done a lot of good and has never been a problem. He let his emotions get the best of him and made a bad decision. I think we've all been there.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 11:38:29 am »

Because he's been an absolute stud and never a headache, I'll give him a pass on this, just hope it's not a habitual thing.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 11:42:58 am »

Yeah, I'd think that Reshad is the type of player that you give a little leeway to, should they need it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 01:56:44 pm »

Leeway is ok but if I am in charge I would explain the fine I levied during that same discussion.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 02:16:47 pm »

Leeway is ok but if I am in charge I would explain the fine I levied during that same discussion.
I'm thinking it already has been. Gase said the punishment would be kept in house.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 02:22:12 pm »

Not a Philbin Gase guy.

Since he's one of the best players remaining on the team, look for Reshad to be traded for peanuts in the offseason.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 02:40:30 pm »

^This isn't Jon Gruden
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 11:01:14 am »

Jon Gruden is the Vince Lombardi of Joe Philbins.
Adam Gase is only the Bill Parcells of Joe Philbins.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 11:07:10 am »

^Nice, you got a laugh out of me on that one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray