Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:25:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Champagne
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Champagne  (Read 1082 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: November 04, 2018, 07:38:27 pm »

I know that most people have zero respect for history and pride in anything other than setting a new personal best in number of "likes" on facebook.  But I am absolutely delighted that The Coach and the surviving members of the Perfect Season team can pop the champagne corks after today. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 07:56:05 pm »

As soon as I saw the saints and rams score I said enjoy your champagne boys.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 03:16:47 pm »

I never want the record to be broken.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 06:46:12 pm »

^I agree, they hate us because they ain't us!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 11:33:58 am »

My only problem with this is it all we have to celebrate. It just serves to remind us how long we've been bad.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 08:14:38 am »

My only problem with this is it all we have to celebrate. It just serves to remind us how long we've been bad.

I can appreciate that sentiment.  And it is a reminder of how long it has been since the Fins were relevant.   But on the other hand, I would rather be a "has been" than a "never was".    Grin    For those of us who were alive then (yeah, I'm old), there is a lot of pride in being able to think back on and remember the glory years.   And for the players and coaches, it is obviously even more of a big deal.  As a longtime Fins fan, I do take a certain amount of pride in the "Perfect Team", but even more so, I am happy that the surviving players and coaches are able to claim to be the only residents of Perfectville.  I'd actually be okay with another team having a perfect season at some point in the future, but I would prefer that it be after all of the surviving players and coaches from that team have passed away. Let them take that sense of pride and accomplishment to their graves.  I'm sure for some of them, they consider that the greatest moment in their lives. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray