Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:53:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Matt Haack named AFC special teams player of the week
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Matt Haack named AFC special teams player of the week  (Read 1077 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 07, 2018, 09:57:07 am »

I know it's the punter and the only you pay attention is when they're screwing something up, like a Kicker, but Haack is having quite the year IMO

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/07/matt-haack-named-afc-special-teams-player-of-the-week/

Tied for the league leading 26 for kicks inside the 20

Lot of yards and no. of punts, though that stat then says how poorly your offense is not moving the ball, but he definitely did a great job this past weekend.

Quick Poll:
Who's your favorite MIA punter of all-time?

Gotta go with Reggie Roby (RIP), as a kid in the early 80's remember this guy booting them to sky and high leg kick.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 10:07:07 am »

Our Special teams are pretty good and Haack has been very consistent. He definitely deserves the praise he has been getting.

Roby was and is ... the best Dolphin punter but we've actually had some good ones.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 10:10:00 am »

Roby and Will Ferrell
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 10:55:40 am »

Kind of an ignominious "accomplishment" when your punter is one of your better players, but yeah, Haack is an excellent and consistent performer.  I would have to go with Roby as my fave as well though.  Shout out to Larry Seiple because he could nail the coffin corner kick, was always a threat with the fake punt, and was also a backup TE for the Fins.  Fun fact, in 1969, he led the Dolphins in Touchdowns (5) and net yards (577).   Football was a very different game back then.   Grin
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 01:56:32 pm »

I called it, haha. In the 2nd post, he got my game ball vs the Jets. 

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 02:57:15 pm »

Everyone ignores the punter and kicker until the game comes down to their leg. I will never forget Matt Turk in 2001 against New England who basically punted the ball 7 yards deep in our own zone and allowed them to tie the game and knock us out of the playoffs.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 12:56:23 pm »

Everyone ignores the punter and kicker

Punters have it much worse than kickers.  Kicker often get to be the hero with a winning field goal.  Plus with FF folks pay attention to kickers.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray