Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:59:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Thoughts and Captain Hindsight
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thoughts and Captain Hindsight  (Read 1183 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 12, 2018, 02:27:29 am »

1) When is the best time to call a trick play?   Yes, the fake punt worked, but their chances of winning the game were pretty low at that point anyway.  Wouldn't be better to call it when there is greater chance of winning the game?

2) Miami's chances will become a lot clearer next week.  It's going to be extremely difficult to make the playoffs as it is, but if the Bengals win next week, it will really cripple their chances.  The Titans are now a wild card contender, but Miami does hold the tiebreaker against them. 

3) That game was not nearly as much a blowout as the score suggests.  The first half was evenly matched.  This is where Captain Hindsight comes in.  Did Gase need to take more chances in the red zone and be more aggressive?  At some point did he have to say, "We need touchdowns, we need to gamble on fourth down."  This was the single biggest reason for the Packer victory.

4) No excuse for Osweiler not recovering that fumble.  Changed the course of the game. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 04:41:52 pm »

You need to be more realistic. The Dolphins chances of making the playoffs before the game were very slim and not really much has changed. GB was favored by 10 points which tells you their chances in GB were slim to begin with. Most of their remaining games are either on the road or against better opponents.

At Colts
Bills
Patriots
At Vikings
Jags
At Bills

Where do you even see 3 wins there? If they finish 8-8 they will have pulled their shit together. Win 4 of those games? Please you are dreaming.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 06:21:14 am »

Tannehill will be back and hopefully healthy. 9-7 is doable, 10-6 will be difficult.

Win at Colts
Win vs Bills
Lose vs Pats
Lose at Vikings
Win vs Jags
Win at Bills
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:16:38 am »

^ I'd say add one win to that . Dolphins usually beat the Patsies in Mami.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 12:36:10 pm »

Tannehill will be back and hopefully healthy. 9-7 is doable, 10-6 will be difficult.

Win at Colts
Win vs Bills
Lose vs Pats
Lose at Vikings
Win vs Jags
Win at Bills
I can only agree with the Win vs Bills and Win vs Jags predictions and that one is a bit shaky in my opinion since you never know if Jax will show up or not. Miami has won one game on the road this year against the Jets. They might win at the Bills and at Indy, but I wouldn't predict it unless things completely turnaround on the injury front. Basically anyone who's not on IR now needs to be healthy in that Colts game and then it's only a 50-50 game. Same with Jax.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 12:43:33 pm »

^ I'd say add one win to that . Dolphins usually beat the Patsies in Mami.
I'd say it's more like about 50% of the time not usually and since Miami won last year, I'd say the odds are against it this year.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray