Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:46:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dlphins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dlphins  (Read 1038 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:34:43 am »

Since MIA has no offense to speak of, we will officially remove "O" from the name Dolphins until we see something

Regardless of who is behind center, Tannehill or Osweiler, this is pathetic.  Now, Gore and Drake have been running hard and Gore had a good game yesterday, but we all know what moves the needle in the NFL......it's the play of the QB

You weren't going to beat Aaron Rodgers by kicking FGs.  Yes, the Defense looked much maligned in the 1st half, big runs by Jones in the 1st half,  but they settled down and limited him much better in the 2nd half.

Did anyone see the score of the Bills/Jets game?  BUF 41 NYJ 10

Bills had Matt Freakin' Barkley behind center and he put up nearly 250 yds, 2 TDs and a 117 QB rating on the Road

HE HASN'T STARTED IN THE LEAGUE IN NEARLY 2 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

We couldn't even manage a TD last week at Home (no less) against the Jets and managed a measly 4 FGs yesterday in a 31-12 defeat that would have be a lot closer if we could have put in the ball in the endzone 2-3 times.

This is an Adam Gase problem, someone needs to take away the play-calling away from him.  He's too stubborn and just plain fockin stupid.

One the great attributes of a really good/great coach is his ability to assemble the right people for their respective jobs and let them do their job and lead them down the path of success.  Right now, he doesn't show to be that guy IMO

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:46:27 am by hordman » Logged

I'd rather be lucky than good.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:45:33 am »

I'm torn on Gase. I think he's going to be one of those guys who succeeds in the NFL but I just don't know if it will be in Miami. He is learning though and i think could turn into a better coach down the road.

We also need a front office that understands winning football games starts by winning int he trenches. Patchwork offensive and defensive lines have not worked out. We need to quit going after longshots who might turn into studs and just go after the reliable work horses.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 04:17:55 pm »

Gase takes a share of the blame but take a look at what he's working with. I don't think a single starter is playing on the offensive line. The QB is a journeyman backup that's playing some of the worst football of his career. One of the top WR's on the team is on IR and another left during the game yesterday. He's trying to patch together an offense with spares and backups and honestly they were able to move the ball at times, it wasn't till they got into the redzone that they had real issues and that's not really that surprising when you look at who was out there playing. Face it, there's no real chance at the playoffs anymore. The season started out well and has gone downhill from there which suggests that it has more to do with the injuries then the fact that Gase is just inept. Give him a healthy offense and they'll generate some points. Still won't be one of the top offenses but it won't be the worst either.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 05:29:08 pm »

I'm torn on Gase. I think he's going to be one of those guys who succeeds in the NFL but I just don't know if it will be in Miami. He is learning though and i think could turn into a better coach down the road.

I think HC,  go back to coordinator, then become a HC might be a better path than more time as HC.  It is hard to reflect and learn from your mistakes while fighting the fires.  As much as everyone shits on Cleveland for firing BB.  I think his success in NE had a lot to do with him having the opportunity to be an HC, then go back and learn more by observing and talking with Parcells and then getting another shot.  i don’t believe if he remained a hc or went from one hc gig to the next he would have had the same success.

So believing Gase ought be fired is not mutually exclusive with believing he will eventually be a successful HC.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 08:45:23 pm »

We were missing our starting LT, RT and LG. The whole D-Line is dead. The injuries are a nightmare and Brock has always been total garbage. He shows why he is a backup.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray