Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:43:44 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Minkah the Beast
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Minkah the Beast  (Read 1574 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 14, 2018, 08:26:53 am »

Interesting article on Minkah, shows how dominant he's been.  Keep in mind, he's been covering slot and #2 guys, but doing phenomenal at it.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-minkah-fitzpatricks-versatility-and-coverage-ability-demonstrate-elite-potential
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 08:52:08 am »

He is a stud for sure.  I heard on the radio the other day that he was left off of the pro bowl balloting.   

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 09:26:33 am »

Jerome Baker is getting a lot of love as well, so that's two rookies doing well (1st and 3rd rounders). Gesicki, the tight end taken in the 2nd has shown promise as well.

Sadly, the 2017 Dolphins' draft class has shown the exact opposite of promise, with even much-hyped Raekwon McMillan performing poorly (after sitting out his first season due to injury). 1st round pick Charles Harris, DE, has produced exactly 2 sacks in a season and a half. Cordrea Tankersley, 3d round defensive back, has struggled to even make the game day roster this year, although it looks like injuries could give him another shot. The most consistent contributor this year has been 5th rounder Godchaux, who has started all 10 games at DT (although he's looked decidedly average).

Looking down over the past many years of drafting and it's a sad, sad sight indeed.

For the Dolphins to get good, it would really help if we started hitting on some more draft picks.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 09:43:44 am »

I really wished they had gone OLB in the 1st round this year, but I have to admit that Minkah really has impressed me.  Hopefully he will be stud DB for many years for this team. Tankersley has disappointed me.  I really liked him coming out of college and thought he was a steal in the draft and he showed a lot of promise when he was on the field last year.  I don't know what the hell happened to him this year. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 09:55:13 am »

It's a legitamte opinion to wish we got a linebacker in the draft, but when it's brought up I say, "Would you rather have Lance Briggs or Ed Reed on your team?"  That's how good Minkah can be, maybe better because he's bigger.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 02:18:26 pm »

It's a legitamte opinion to wish we got a linebacker in the draft, but when it's brought up I say, "Would you rather have Lance Briggs or Ed Reed on your team?"  That's how good Minkah can be, maybe better because he's bigger.

Yep, I am much less annoyed with them not going LB with the first pick after watching Minkah do his thing for half a season.   Grin
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 08:31:24 pm »

Thank God we didn't whiff on another first rounder, a team as poorly run as ours can't afford to miss on these if they want to be competitive.

Follow this up with another good draft and some wise free agency moves and we can be a legit 10 win team next season. We're 5-5 now and have started Brock Osweiller 4 times and everyone is injured.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 10:19:52 am »

Thank God we didn't whiff on another first rounder, a team as poorly run as ours can't afford to miss on these if they want to be competitive.

Follow this up with another good draft and some wise free agency moves and we can be a legit 10 win team next season. We're 5-5 now and have started Brock Osweiller 4 times and everyone is injured.
I mean, we're a 9-7ish team right now, do all that stuff you say and we'll be 11-5/12-4
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 04:25:07 pm »

I mean, we're a 9-7ish team right now, do all that stuff you say and we'll be 11-5/12-4

You're assuming that the two floundering teams in the AFC East keep floundering.

(Of course we've only met one of them, twice, games with a combined score of 33 - 12, so we'll see who's floundering after week 17.)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray