Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:29:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  TV or not TV
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: TV or not TV  (Read 2658 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 16, 2018, 05:52:26 pm »

I’ve never had a TV in my bedroom. Never. I’ve always been against it. My room was always the place that I’d go to to decompress, relax, and read. Now my wife has the idea of putting a TV in the bed room because she wants to retire there to watch TV rather than falling asleep on the couch every night watching TV. I know I’m going to lose this one, but does anyone feel my pain? Is anyone out there opposed to television in the bedroom?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:50:58 am »

I'm about to put a bigger TV in my bedroom lol
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 01:32:48 pm »

Not a fan of tv in bedroom.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 03:17:44 pm »

Nothing wrong with a tv in the bedroom. I can go either way with it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 10:15:19 pm »

I’ve never had a TV in my bedroom. Never. I’ve always been against it. My room was always the place that I’d go to to decompress, relax, and read. Now my wife has the idea of putting a TV in the bed room because she wants to retire there to watch TV rather than falling asleep on the couch every night watching TV. I know I’m going to lose this one, but does anyone feel my pain? Is anyone out there opposed to television in the bedroom?
You need a study...without a TV. My wife and I sleep in separate rooms primarily for 2 reasons. I snore and she likes to leave the TV on all night. Sleeping in separate rooms actually prevents us from killing each other. If you can't accept that arrangement then I would at least enforce a rule that once she falls asleep the TV must go off and not come back on. Otherwise it could ruin your marriage.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:23:45 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 12:50:36 am »

Gotta have a TV in the bedroom.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 08:29:59 am »

My wife and I decided way back when we first got married not to put a tv in the bedroom because we wanted it to be a place where we could remove ourselves from any outside distractions, etc.   Kind of like our little oasis away from everything.  Yeah, yeah, I know it sounds kind of gay, but it has actually worked out better than I thought it would. 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 09:10:24 am »

I fall asleep watching TV in bed most nights...and then I turn it off when I wake up at some point in the middle of the night.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 09:42:12 am »

Mentalities have changed.  When I was growing up, the TV was in the living room.  Now there's a TV in every bedroom as well.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 09:48:28 am »

There is no doubt that a TV in the bedroom will cause you to get less sleep. With that said .... I've had one in mine for the last 10-15 years or so and typically fall asleep with it on. I'm also a horrible sleeper so it's not uncommon that I wake up and watch old tv shows for a couple of hours during the night. I used to have to go back into the living room where I'd fall asleep on the couch. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 12:35:33 pm »

I fall asleep watching TV in bed most nights...and then I turn it off when I wake up at some point in the middle of the night.

You do know that all TV's nowadays have sleep timers right? LOL

I have to have a TV on, I need the distraction so I can fall asleep; I just can't fall asleep if it's quiet, too distracting.  An ex hated, so had to have the volume very low, or you can get earbuds.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 01:37:54 pm »

Mentalities have changed.  When I was growing up, the TV was in the living room.  Now there's a TV in every bedroom as well.

Don't forget the kitchen and bathroom also
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 01:44:35 pm »

You need a study...without a TV. My wife and I sleep in separate rooms primarily for 2 reasons. I snore and she likes to leave the TV on all night. Sleeping in separate rooms actually prevents us from killing each other. If you can't accept that arrangement then I would at least enforce a rule that once she falls asleep the TV must go off and not come back on. Otherwise it could ruin your marriage.

Doesn’t that interfere with romance.  The bed is for two activities that start with the letter S.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 02:29:10 pm »

Doesn’t that interfere with romance.  The bed is for two activities that start with the letter S.

Sleep and snacks?   
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 10:58:18 pm »

I think that there’s too much entertainment, technology, noise etc... that we’re bombarded with on a daily basis. Now more than ever. It’s nice to have a quiet, entertainment free zone.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray