Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:39:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What kind of loss stings you more?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What kind of loss stings you more?  (Read 1819 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 25, 2018, 08:43:28 pm »

This kind of loss?, or a big blowout?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
doctord56
Uber Member

first dolphin game attended 11/6/66 bills29 fins 0

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:13:58 pm »

This kind of loss. A big blowout you turn off the TV early and think about next year's draft, or get ready for work on Monday, or have a beer.

But a loss like this one, or the Cincy game, games they should have won but for bad coaching or inexcusable mistakes--that is harder to swallow.

A loyal fan of the 'fins since the time of Joe Auer, Dick Wood, and Wahoo McDaniel.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:30:54 pm »

Definitely blowing a lead in the fourth quarter. It’s alwsys harder when you were oh so close

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:16:37 am »

Sadly, none of them really "sting" anymore.  I will always love the Dolphins.  But they are bad at football.  They have been bad at football for a long time.  And sadly, I don't see any reason to think that they will not be bad at any point in the near future.  The entire organization makes bad decisions.  From the front office, to the coaches, right down to the players on the field.  They have beaten ONE team with a winning record this year (Chicago). Seems like every year the faces change, but the results are always the same.  Last year they had "bad guys in the clubhouse" and they sucked.  This year they got "good guys in the clubhouse" and they suck.  Sucking is just what they do.  And the worst part is that I am so accustomed to them sucking that it doesn't even phase me anymore. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 10:22:02 am »

I'd rather lose close, I think.

I'm with Dolphster, kinda.  We were a 10 point dog and gave away a 10 point lead with 10 mins left.  It sucks.  But I've seen so many of these that I'm used to it by now.  15 years ago, I would have had diarrhea through Monday.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 11:40:45 am »

These don't even sting anymore because I FULLY expect them. It's a surprise when we DON'T blow a 4th quarter lead, not the other way around.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 01:28:20 pm »

All losses suck but a blowout feels worse to me. It carries shame with it so much more.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray