Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:19:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  WLOTS
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WLOTS  (Read 1907 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 25, 2018, 08:59:01 pm »

you say "what's WLOTS?"

it's the WORSE LOSS OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like having your heart ripped out after 3+ hours of football, where at some point in the early 4th Q you felt pretty good about your football team and thought "Hey, I think you might get a really good win on the road!"

Damn it all to hell. Why can't the Dolphins put together a COMPLETE football game? and win of course???

For the 1st three quarters, I thought they played really good ball, some hiccups with some gash plays by IND, but hey, who doesn't have these problems sometimes?  We moved the ball to start the game, got our 1st TD on an opening drive this season. Tannehill looked good in the pocket, delivered the ball with force & accuracy.

Tannehill, and I'll be the 1st to admit, played great.  He looked like the QB we saw the 1st 3-4 games, slinging it, making the throws to move the sticks.

Then the Def stepped it up in the 2nd Q, made some plays, forced some TO's, picked off Luck 2 times in the matter of 14 secs.

Then as the 3rd Q moved along the Offense came to life with more consistency and built a 10-point lead, 24-14 and you thought "This is it! We are going to beat a playoff team, on the Road, and WE, yes WE might be a playoff contender!!!!"

Then Gase, yes Gase shit the bed.  The man, who has been the QB coach for HOF player Peyton Manning, the "quarterback whisperer" who could change your team's fortunes by guiding them along, totally and inexplically, made some stupid ass play calls in consecutive drives to dash our teams' hopes and dreams for this 2018 NFL season.

Fock, they were dumb.  Every Dolphins' fan and their MOM knew what kinda plays to call when the Colts kicked a FG to cut it 7 pts with 8 min to go. Get Gore running in the holes, smash them, wind that clock.

Nope, let's pass. Let's throw 2 incomplete passes and run Drake on the 3rd down where they smashed him and lost yards.

That was it folks.  That was your 2018 season right there.  Then the Dolphins went zone on Def and Lucked carved them up for a TD tying score and the rest was history.

Gase is not the man.  He NEVER was the man. Even when he worked that miracle in 2016 and got us to 10-6 and then busted by the Steelers in the playoffs was he ever the man.  Yeah, I know Shula shook his hands and posed for photos and everyone thought "Shula's behind him, why shouldn't we?!?!?"

Look, there's talk of John Harbaugh becoming a FA, being available in this league.  Mr Ross and all his Big Blue machismo should be running to talk to him and see if will coach this team.  This team NEEDS a leader, someone who "gets it", who knows how lead men, make them mean/physical, hold people accountable.  He could be that man

Right now, that man isn't standing on the Dolphins sidelines

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:42:11 pm »

There's a reason why you feel like this is the "worst" loss of the season.

Since Adam Gase became head coach of the Miami Dolphins 43 44 games ago, he has a record of 21-23 (including playoffs).  In those 23 losses, exactly 2 have been by less than eight points.  Those two losses were Gase's very first game, and the last one, today.

The Dolphins have been blown out TWENTY-ONE TIMES during Gase's reign.  I wish more of MIA's losses were like this one, where we can at least hold our head up as fans of a team that belongs on the field and is making a respectable effort.

I would not prefer to be losing by 30 points in the third quarter, just so I can stop following the game earlier.  I already have eight months out of the year where I don't have to worry about following the score of a Dolphins' game; I don't need more.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 12:23:47 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:21:04 am »

Let's not get carried away.  There are still 5 games left.  The Fins potentially have 5 WLOTS sitting out there waiting to be claimed. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:01:00 am »

Let's not get carried away.  There are still 5 games left.  The Fins potentially have 5 WLOTS sitting out there waiting to be claimed. 

not really.  That loss ended any meaningful chance at playoff spot.Any future losses this season just improves draft position.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 11:51:01 am »

Since Adam Gase became head coach of the Miami Dolphins 43 44 games ago, he has a record of 21-23 (including playoffs).  In those 23 losses, exactly 2 have been by less than eight points.  Those two losses were Gase's very first game, and the last one, today.

The Dolphins have been blown out TWENTY-ONE TIMES during Gase's reign.  I wish more of MIA's losses were like this one, where we can at least hold our head up as fans of a team that belongs on the field and is making a respectable effort.
The question it begs is are the Dolphins under or over achieving for Gase? In my opinion they are OVER achieving for Gase. The roster is FULL of holes and yet Gase was able to keep us in this game and we actually had a chance to win it. Most times when the game is close with Gase Miami actually pulls out the win. In my opinion with another head coach we would have an even worse record then we do because we still would have lost all of those blowouts and would have lost a good number of the close games that Gase managed to win. Most of those blowouts are because the Dolphins are simply outmatched on the field. It's not Gase, it's the players. I don't know why but they simply don't play good football. Maybe that's on the coach but I find it hard to believe that Gase can do great things with other players on other teams but simply can't coach the Dolphins for some reason. McMillan is hands down the worst MLB in the league. Is that Gase's fault? No that's either McMillan's fault or the defensive coordinator's fault. The fact that we haven't had a decent middle linebacker in years is that on the head coach? I don't think it is. What Gase needs is a great defensive coordinator. One that can get guys lined up in the right spots and teach them how to play the position. Once you do that things will get better.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 12:34:26 pm »

The question it begs is are the Dolphins under or over achieving for Gase? In my opinion they are OVER achieving for Gase. The roster is FULL of holes and yet Gase was able to keep us in this game and we actually had a chance to win it.

Ultimately, the buck stops with the Head Coach.  Any coach worth their salt knows that. Just like the QB, who gets too much praise when they win and usually takes the blame when they lose, the HC is in a similar position.

Everyone, for the most part, answers to the HC.  The job of a HC IMO, is to assemble a good group of guys under you, let them do their job, and let them know when they do/don't do a good job You run the overall team

His play calling duties should be stripped from him and he should get an OC that knows what he's doing, with the players he has.  How many fockin WR bubble screens do I need to see to know they don't work?!?!?  Seriously, if me (a lay person) knows this, you sure as hell no an opposing coach and/or seasoned CB knows this. Fock me.

And as for Gase doing great things with other players on other teams, I just don't buy it. He was QB coach for Peyton when he was in DEN??  Does the Joe Philbin was Aaron Rodgers QB coach strike any similar comparisons? 

Did he make Peyton a great QB during his time with the team??? Did he though?

Don't forget, he's the one who brought in Jay Cutler last year and what a disaster that was.

I'm not trying to make this about anything QB-related, but ultimately the buck stops with him.  Players/coaches answer to HIM.  He should fire Matt Burke, at least what we are seeing on the surface with this defense. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 07:34:00 pm »

Did he make Peyton a great QB during his time with the team??? Did he though?
No but Peyton had one of his best years ever with Gase in 2013 and not bad in 2014 as well at the end of his career. Even by Peyton's standards these were very good years.

Don't forget, he's the one who brought in Jay Cutler last year and what a disaster that was.
Cutler was the QB in 2015 when Gase was OC in Chicago and Cutler had one of his best years ever. Cutler clearly had lost the arm he once had by last year. It was a mistake bringing him in but the team didn't have much choice.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 04:06:03 pm »

No but Peyton had one of his best years ever with Gase in 2013 and not bad in 2014 as well at the end of his career. Even by Peyton's standards these were very good years.
Cutler was the QB in 2015 when Gase was OC in Chicago and Cutler had one of his best years ever. Cutler clearly had lost the arm he once had by last year. It was a mistake bringing him in but the team didn't have much choice.

Touche.  You are right. I  had a chance to look at someone break down the 3 downs Dolphins had with 8-1/2 min to go and leading 24-17.

Breakdown at the line of scrimmage with Tunsil missing a block and a TE (can't see who it was) missing a Safety coming up that would have been a screen to Gore.  They blew up the play.

2nd down, he Tannehill had Stills on a slant, but threw high after a LB had a delayed blitz and he hurried the throw.

3rd down was atrocious, Larsen missed the DT, who swam right by him and blew up the play and slammed Drake.

All three plays were poorly executed. On a size note, how bad must the coaches think of Asiata at G when Larsen is and has been this bad this season?

All in all, does the blame lay at the feet of Adam on the calls OR the execution by the players? Does he need better players to execute these plays? Truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's tough all around.

It's nice to see the game breakdown films later on to see what happen, cause when you're watching the TV, you got about 1/2 to 2/3 of the actual play happening in the screen and you can't see it all.

I bitch about Gase, but would love for him or anyone to succeed in MIA. The fans are frustrated.

BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 01:51:55 pm »

At least some of the blame lies with Tannenbaum. 

He made the decision to spend money on the offensive line in free agency instead of drafting at least one guard or center and now Ryan Tannehill is David Carr 2.0 and thus forcing us to play Osweiller.

He made the decision not to draft any defensive tackles (one of the reasons McMillan is running around like a chicken with his head cut off)

He wasted a draft choice on a kicker (not that I'm unhappy with the kicker's performance) when you can usually scoop one up on the cheap in any given offseason.

Maybe Gase shouldn't be calling plays.  Perhaps that's his downfall.  But you also can't blame the offense for a historically bad run defense. 

Let's just say everybody has their own shit sangwich to eat and leave it at that. 

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
stealth3ltt

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 08:55:56 am »

I am the most frustrated with Gase..  In two games this season Miami was ahead in the 4th quarter and you could see that the defense was starting to get run over by the opposing team, the camera pans over to Gase, who is sitting by himself on the bench looking at his playbook and not knowing what to do or what was happening on the field!!!!.   I have never seen that happen to other coaches ever!!!   At that point he is clearly over his head!!! its an embarrassment to the franchise!!  How can an NFL coach not know to keep calling his same 6 crappy conservative plays over and over..   (run up the middle, bubble screens, hook throw to receiver 2 yrds past LOS)....  Maybe he has too many jobs and needs to get and offensive coordinator to call the plays!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray