Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:01:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Good breakdown of sack that could've been TD.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Good breakdown of sack that could've been TD.  (Read 1738 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: November 30, 2018, 11:47:28 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=09oFAWWZDE8

Credit to DolphinsTalk.  Really love these videos.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 11:57:02 am »

Critics are going to say he should have thrown him open. I believe now ... just as the last 6 years or so ... that our oline sucks. It's not just a coincidence that when they play well our run game is on and Kenny's TDs go up.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 04:53:13 pm »

The o-line was suspect at the beginning of the season.  Now, with what seems like all of them in and out of the lineup with injuries, the guys starting on Sunday are practice squad quality players.

We need to spend some money on big o-line free agents and keep them on the field.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 04:40:24 am »

We need to spend some money on big o-line free agents and keep them on the field.

Having the ONE big free agent acquisition get injured hasn't helped. Replacing him with worst-in-the-NFL (according to PFF) Ted Larsen just adds salt to the wound.

We need better backups along with at least one solid addition (I'm assuming Sitton plays next year). Maybe someone to push James as well. He seems very hot-n-cold.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 08:54:23 am »

Having the ONE big free agent acquisition get injured hasn't helped. Replacing him with worst-in-the-NFL (according to PFF) Ted Larsen just adds salt to the wound.

We need better backups along with at least one solid addition (I'm assuming Sitton plays next year). Maybe someone to push James as well. He seems very hot-n-cold.
We need our free agents to not be old guys. There is a reason their teams are letting them go.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 05:58:52 pm »

We need our free agents to not be old guys. There is a reason their teams are letting them go.

I agree, but if for whatever reason you don't get someone in the draft, then it can make sense to get a solid solution for a few years.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 12:09:16 pm »

Not to disagree with you, but what's old?  Draftees come in and are basically tied to a team for five years based on the rookie contacts.  If they are good, then the team that drafted them are going to re-sign them, unless the player wants some huge salary that the team can't accommodate due to their cap situation (think Suh).  The guys that are available in FA are usually not that great, or completing their second contract and are "old (29 or 30).  So, the options are to sign a young player that's not that great, or sign an older player that is experienced and has shown a prior history of being a pretty good player.    Sure there is the occasionally great player traded (Khalil Mack), but that is an abnormality.  There are plenty of teams in the NFL that need O-lineman, so it's not a matter of opening up the wallet.

What Miami, or any team, can do is to:

1) Draft better.
2) Coach better.
3) Condition players better.  With all the injuries that are occurring it just seems to me that better conditioning would help reduce the number of injuries.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 12:14:51 pm »

Not to disagree with you, but what's old?  Draftees come in and are basically tied to a team for five years based on the rookie contacts.  If they are good, then the team that drafted them are going to re-sign them, unless the player wants some huge salary that the team can't accommodate due to their cap situation (think Suh).  The guys that are available in FA are usually not that great, or completing their second contract and are "old (29 or 30).  So, the options are to sign a young player that's not that great, or sign an older player that is experienced and has shown a prior history of being a pretty good player.    Sure there is the occasionally great player traded (Khalil Mack), but that is an abnormality.  There are plenty of teams in the NFL that need O-lineman, so it's not a matter of opening up the wallet.

1) Draft better.
2) Coach better.
3) Condition players better.  With all the injuries that are occurring it just seems to me that better conditioning would help reduce the number of injuries.
I believe there was already an in depth look at the Dolphins injuries and comparing it to the rest of the league and they are not really any worse then some other teams. Now I'm not saying that health is not a concern for Miami, it certainly is but it's more because of the roster being thin to begin with rather than a conditioning issue. The Dolphins are as well conditioned as any team, but they falter with the next man up philosophy because their backups are just not up to the challenge.
TLDR: It might be a coaching or drafting issue, but it's not a conditioning issue.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 12:29:40 pm »

Not to disagree with you, but what's old?  Draftees come in and are basically tied to a team for five years based on the rookie contacts.  If they are good, then the team that drafted them are going to re-sign them, unless the player wants some huge salary that the team can't accommodate due to their cap situation (think Suh).  The guys that are available in FA are usually not that great, or completing their second contract and are "old (29 or 30).  So, the options are to sign a young player that's not that great, or sign an older player that is experienced and has shown a prior history of being a pretty good player.    Sure there is the occasionally great player traded (Khalil Mack), but that is an abnormality.  There are plenty of teams in the NFL that need O-lineman, so it's not a matter of opening up the wallet.

1) Draft better.
2) Coach better.
3) Condition players better.  With all the injuries that are occurring it just seems to me that better conditioning would help reduce the number of injuries.
Depending on the position age is different. You don't bring in O-linemen and hinge your season to 30 and 32 year old linemen. Those guys should be insurance.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray