Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:09:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  The crazy Pat wins masks a greater stink.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The crazy Pat wins masks a greater stink.  (Read 9101 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 07:02:06 pm »

This statement sums up what I'm thinking about.  Who cares if a loss is lopsided?  This isn't college.  Play to give yourself a chance to win.  If you don't win, OK.

Agree if option A has a 99% chance you will lose by 13 and a 1% you will win by 1 vs B which give you a zero % chance of winning but you will only lose by 6.  Take option A.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 07:22:30 pm »

Agree if option A has a 99% chance you will lose by 13 and a 1% you will win by 1 vs B which give you a zero % chance of winning but you will only lose by 6.  Take option A.
This is silly and meaningless. Whatever gives you the best chance to win is what you take regardless. If option A gives you a 1% chance to win and option B gives you a 2% chance to win you take option B. I never said that the Dolphins shouldn't have gone for it on 4th down because they ended up losing by more points, I simply said that going for it on 4th down didn't help them win. It didn't help the Giants win and it didn't help the Cowboys win either.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 07:24:15 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray