Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:45:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Schad: Cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins are blessed to have his contract.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Schad: Cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins are blessed to have his contract.  (Read 4416 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 02:37:03 pm »

all pro and probowl are two different things.  FYI Dan M was all pro three times, he went to the probowl 9 times.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 02:41:35 pm »

I did not realize that. Well ... i did know it I guess but didn't really think it through.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 03:12:19 pm »

all pro and probowl are two different things.  FYI Dan M was all pro three times, he went to the probowl 9 times.
hmm, honestly didn't know that.

Frankly I've always used "all-pro" and "pro-bowl" interchangably.  we're talking semantics here. I stand corrected but I stand by the spirit of my statement, given the correction.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:17:33 pm by Brian Fein » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2018, 09:32:53 pm »

"Pro Bowl" means that, depending on how many selected players decline to attend or are in the Super Bowl, you were probably in the top 5 at your position in your conference.

"All-Pro" - which, unless specified otherwise, means "Associated Press First Team All-Pro" - means that you were either the best in the entire league at your position, or top 2 (top 3 for LB only).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 09:36:30 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 01:40:50 pm »

The article cited in this topic really cherry picks Tannehill's stats and record.  Tannehill is an average, serviceable QB, nothing more, will never be anything more.  Sure if you put him on a championship caliber team he would look spectacular, what QB wouldn't?  The upcoming draft is the perfect year to draft a QB, as most of the teams with bad records this year are already set with QB; so Miami wouldn't have to move that far up in the draft order to get one of the top prospects.  Heck if they can manage to lose the next two games it would be beneficial to the team in the long run.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 02:39:15 pm »

^Who? Because I don't see a QB coming out this year that I'd want.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 04:03:32 pm »

^Who? Because I don't see a QB coming out this year that I'd want.

Oh, there are a few coming out for the draft that I would take over Tannehill.  I don't want to mention them here because it's widely known that Bill Bellicheat monitors this board for recon.  You can bet the Patriots will be drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round this year. Cool
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 05:08:06 pm »

Oh, there are a few coming out for the draft that I would take over Tannehill.  I don't want to mention them here because it's widely known that Bill Bellicheat monitors this board for recon.  You can bet the Patriots will be drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round this year. Cool
I don't think Bill himself monitors it, I think he gets regular updates from Hoodie. Smiley

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 02:18:37 pm »

I don't think Bill himself monitors it, I think he gets regular updates from Hoodie. Smiley

Perhaps Hoodie is Bill.  HuhShocked
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2018, 02:43:37 pm »

Perhaps Hoodie is Bill.  HuhShocked
I hadn't thought of that. Good point.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 06:49:36 pm »

Regardless of what is done on QB, the offensive line needs to be addressed. This league has started to value guards a lot more and we've been very reticent when it came to paying for guards. Sure, getting your big FA signing injured sucks, but these days, if you want a good line, you have to either pay for talent at guard or get it through the draft.

And just FYI, an average starter in the NFL signing a non-rookie contract today gets about the same as what we're paying Tannehill.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 07:05:34 pm »

Doesn’t matter if Patriots know who the Dolphins want, it is widely known that the Dolphins will be drafting before the Patriots (a trend for the past decade and half) Evil

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 07:31:47 pm »

If I'm drafting next year I take a Guard/Center in the 1st round and another in the 2nd. You can do whatever the hell you want in free agency and rounds 3-7.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray