Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:11:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Leah Remini and the aftermath of Scientology
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Leah Remini and the aftermath of Scientology  (Read 16594 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 01:59:11 pm »

^ Again....we didn't say Catholicism was a cult.  Just that there are some elements of cult-like behavior sometimes.  There is nuance in this, like most things.
No....there's not. Not in this case there isn't, but we are each entitled to our own opinions/beliefs or at least I think I am, Catholicism taught me that, maybe that was just more of that cultish jibberish.

Because you see all those things that never happened to me happen to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of the Church of Scientology. Every last one. It's the way the church is run. It's dogma. Now they don't tell you this when you start out with the Church of Scientology, they tell you that you will improve yourself and these are only just self help classes and such but then those people that have stayed in the church long enough to see it first hand and to have experienced it first hand and changed their minds about what the Church of Scientology was all about realized that they WERE in a cult and had to escape and escape they did and have been harrassed, followed, libeled among other things since they escaped along with their family members and anyone else they try to associate with and are now trying to warn others to what's really going on in the Church of Scientology so their lives are not ruined like theirs were.

But no one here seems to really care much because all religions are exactly the same, so I'll just shut up now. Thanks for hearing me out.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 02:32:39 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 02:35:14 pm »

^Smug atheists, M I RITE!?
 Wink
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 02:47:21 pm »

^Smug atheists, M I RITE!?
 Wink

I guess Atheists aren't as open minded as I thought they were. I did hesitate on posting this initially because I thought it might be a hot topic, but I thought there might be some good discussion on the TV program, I didn't realize it would become what it did. My bad.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2018, 02:54:00 pm »

I guess Atheists aren't as open minded as I thought they were. I did hesitate on posting this initially because I thought it might be a hot topic, but I thought there might be some good discussion on the TV program, I didn't realize it would become what it did. My bad.

to be fair .. i called it Smiley
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »

Because you see all those things that never happened to me happen to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER of the Church of Scientology. Every last one.
So if we can cite a single Scientologist who says that is not her experience with the religion, we must conclude that Scientology and Catholicism are not too far apart?  Because if your response is that she must be lying to protect her religion, that particular stone can smash many glass houses.

Be careful with those "EVERY SINGLE MEMBER" proclamations.

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2018, 03:14:47 pm »

There really is no point in trying to persuade someone that their religion is just as kooky to us as how Scientology is to them. Anyone in any religion will always say theirs is correct while everyone else is wrong, otherwise, why would you still be a part of it? If Pappy13 was born in another another country, he'd be Buddhist, or Jewish, or any of the other hundred or so religions.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2018, 04:08:57 pm »

Be careful with those "EVERY SINGLE MEMBER" proclamations.
You have to ask someone who's no longer part of the church because saying anything negative while within the church has DIRE consequences. Even saying things after you leave the church will get you labeled a suppressive person (SP) which also has severe consequences. Individual mileage may vary according to how deep they make it into Scientology, some get out before they get in too deep so they never experience some of it first hand and never say anything bad about the church so they are relatively safe, but the dogma is still there at the highest levels even if you haven't experienced it because the people who HAVE reached that level and have gotten out all tell the SAME EXACT STORY. Those who have worked for David Miscavige know the story all too well. We're not talking just Leah Remini and Mike Rinder or a handful of people, we're talking dozens of people that have been in the Sea Org and the like who are willing to come forward at their own peril because they know they will be hounded, harrassed, followed, their house bugged, their car tracked, their garbage collected, their photograph taken, their whereabouts tracked by private investigators, their name smeared, their friends and family and neighbors intimidated and just about anything else they can think of to try to force you into silence. They had a PI that wasn't even part of the church come forward in a recent episode and confirm all of this was being done at the behest of the church. They have documents written by Ron L Hubbard that confirm the policy that once you leave the church you are fair game. That's not a secret, that's part of the church's teachings. There are dozens of similar documents that basically say you are either with them or you are the enemy and absolutely anything that challenges the church is an attack on the church and needs to be dealt with harshly. People have been forced to give up their children, their spouse, have abortions etc because once you make it this far into the church you can't let ANYTHING get between you and the church.

Don't listen to me. Watch the show. Listen to the people tell you their story and decide for yourself if they are believable or not and if this church is just like any other church. I dare you.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:30:12 am by Pappy13 » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2018, 04:11:11 pm »

If Pappy13 was born in another another country, he'd be Buddhist, or Jewish, or any of the other hundred or so religions.
I have nothing at all bad to say about Buddhists, Jewish or any other religion. This isn't religion, that's the whole point.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2018, 04:13:32 pm »

So then, for an apples to apples comparison, the only people we can TRULY ask about Catholicism are former members of the Vatican.  We certainly can't ask current Catholics, and we probably shouldn't bother asking low-level Catholics who were not fully indoctrinated.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:15:28 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2018, 04:17:53 pm »

So then, for an apples to apples comparison, the only people we can TRULY ask about Catholicism are former members of the Vatican.  We certainly can't ask current Catholics, and we probably shouldn't bother asking low-level Catholics who were not fully indoctrinated.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 04:24:09 pm »

So then, for an apples to apples comparison, the only people we can TRULY ask about Catholicism are former members of the Vatican.  We certainly can't ask current Catholics, and we probably shouldn't bother asking low-level Catholics who were not fully indoctrinated.
Not at all you can ask ANY former Catholic who speaks out against the church if they have been followed by a PI sent by the church. I wouldn't be a good one to ask since I don't speak out against the church. Ask Fau, he seems to have some negative things to say about the Catholic church.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:25:53 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2018, 04:24:12 pm »

Say what you want about Scientology, but I haven't seen them successfully passing federal laws to prohibit same-sex marriage just because Dianetics (allegedly!) says it's bad.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2018, 04:27:44 pm »

Not at all you can ask ANY former Catholic who speaks out against the church if they have been followed by a PI sent by the church.
Similarly, I think we can ask any former Scientologist if they were raped by a Scientology "priest" as a child, or if they were pressured to cover up child rape by someone else in the organization.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 04:28:32 pm »

1) CULT: Single, unquestioned leader who makes all the rules, with no accountability to peers, a presbytery, a chapter, or co-leaders.

so .. the pope, or the dailai lama
Ummmm, no that would actually be god himself. To Christians and other religious people, he is the single unquestioned leader of the universe who makes all the rules and is held accountable for nothing. You know, because he's perfect and all. The more I read that, the more ridiculous it sounds. Religion is a sham to control people.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2018, 04:33:12 pm »

Similarly, I think we can ask any former Scientologist if they were raped by a Scientology "priest" as a child, or if they were pressured to cover up child rape by someone else in the organization.
Why did you change the subject? Were you afraid of the answer? You were willing to go down that path a second ago, what changed your mind? Fau, have you been labeled as a subversive by the church? Any of your friends or family been harrassed by the church? Does your family still even speak to you if they are still Catholics? Or are you too scared to say anything negative about the church for fear of repraisal from the church?

What about anyone else who's been a member of a church other than the church of Scientology. Any of this happen to you?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 05:22:24 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray