Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:19:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who to root for?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Who to root for?  (Read 4492 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 04:30:43 pm »

At that point, it'd have been the last 5...  Still not upset, sitting 5-6 and winning-out and missing the playoffs at 10-6?  

To me that's a bitter pill to swallow...
Honest question: Would you rather go 1-2 to close the year, but due to a bizarre set of circumstances, make the playoffs as the 6 seed -- OR -- go 3-0 to end the season and miss the playoffs at 10-6?

You want to make the playoffs.  Once you get in anything can happen.

But I will say this.  I felt pretty good about NEP season at the conclusion of 2008.  I didn't feel the 11-5 and missing the playoffs was a bitter pill. 

*IF* the Dolphins end the season on a five game winning streak.  It should give you hope for improvement for next year.     

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 07:34:53 pm »

The first one.  Miami won both of the last two games on incredible flukes.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 07:36:31 pm »

But I will say this.  I felt pretty good about NEP season at the conclusion of 2008.  I didn't feel the 11-5 and missing the playoffs was a bitter pill.
MIA went 10-6 and missed the playoffs in 2003.  It still felt like crap.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 10:07:15 am »

Honest question: Would you rather go 1-2 to close the year, but due to a bizarre set of circumstances, make the playoffs as the 6 seed -- OR -- go 3-0 to end the season and miss the playoffs at 10-6?
I'd rather win out and miss the playoffs for two reasons. One is that I don't think we are ready for the playoffs and aren't looking forward to go out in the first round. Secondly it hopefully sets the tone for next year as it would be to go out on a 5 game winning streak.

Honestly ... my only reason for wanting to get to the playoffs this year is to quit hearing that about Tannehill.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 10:44:50 am »

I can't even answer my own question.  My logical brain tells me that I'd rather win out.  But I think I might be lying to myself.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 12:36:59 pm »

I can't even answer my own question.  My logical brain tells me that I'd rather win out.  But I think I might be lying to myself.
I want both. Win out and make the playoffs, but if you make me choose, I think I would rather make the playoffs then win out no matter how it happens. Honestly I'm not even sure it's possible to go 1-2 and make the playoffs, but if it was, I'd take that over winning out if I had to choose.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:38:34 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 12:44:34 pm »

Tampa needs to beat Baltimore
Dallas needs to beat Indy
New England needs to beat Pittsburgh

I think the only given is New England as they were thoroughly embarrassed by last weeks game. I'd hate to be the Steelers this weekend.
Dallas' defense is playing surprising well and they are getting Sean Lee back this week. I would be surprised if Indy beats them. Course Dallas was 3-5 at one time, but they have won 5 in a row since then. I'm banking on the Cowboys beating Indy.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2018, 03:48:18 pm »

The most likely outcome where Miami makes the playoffs is this one in my opinion:

Miami loses to Minnesota and wins against Jax and Buffalo and
PIT loses 2 or more and
DEN loses 1 or more and
IND loses 1 or more and
TEN loses 1 or more

Therefore I'm rooting against Pit, Indy and Tennessee this weekend. If those 3 things happen this weekend then Miami doesn't need to beat the Vikings all they need to do is win their last 2 and they will have an excellent chance of making the playoffs no matter what else happens.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2018, 04:02:31 pm »

Therefore I'm rooting against Pit,

Go ahead and say it.  Let's go Pats!  😁😁😁

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 03:59:39 pm »

Dallas' defense is playing surprising well and they are getting Sean Lee back this week. I would be surprised if Indy beats them. Course Dallas was 3-5 at one time, but they have won 5 in a row since then. I'm banking on the Cowboys beating Indy.
I should have known better to trust the 'Boys.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray