Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:33:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Vikings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Vikings  (Read 4526 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 16, 2018, 01:31:52 pm »

The defense

Hey, it changed their luck last week, maybe it will work this week.  

The offensive line for sure, that was abysmal

First half SOTG: The defense

Second half SOTG: the offensive line. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 03:53:31 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 03:43:51 pm »

The entire organization. They’ve been irrelevant, inept, and failures for almost two decades.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 03:46:05 pm by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 04:06:13 pm »

The entire organization. They’ve been irrelevant, inept, and failures for almost two decades.

This

But specifically today the o line but the defense sucks too
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 04:12:58 pm »

O line just hung Tannehill out to dry. Didn’t eat their Wheaties today.

Bibamus, moriendum est

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 05:02:43 pm »

D4L.  The starting of the thread prematurely last week did not bring luck or effect the game it was just poor fandom.  The starting it prematurely again this week was once again piss poor fandom.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 05:17:35 pm »

I don’t think starting an SOTG thread before the end of the game is piss poor fandom. Premature, of course. But not being a bad fan. You already know that there’s going to be a SOTG, especially when dealing with this team, so why not? I get his logic though. If it worked once, maybe it’ll work again. I’m not superstitious or anything, but I always match the Jersey I wear on Sunday’s to match what the team is wearing on game day. I wore dark today and not white. Totally my fault.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:20:10 pm by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 05:39:43 pm »

I don’t think starting an SOTG thread before the end of the game is piss poor fandom. Premature, of course. But not being a bad fan. You already know that there’s going to be a SOTG, especially when dealing with this team, so why not?
He has already been burned on this, like when he called out the kicker mid-game as SOTG and then that kicker went on to kick a 44-yard FG to go to overtime, where the Dolphins won.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=22122.0

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 05:42:37 pm »

^ Oh. Lol

Bibamus, moriendum est

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 06:50:03 pm »

Gase
Garrett

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 08:38:42 pm »

I have never seen an offensive line get totally manhandled like today. Seriously, like a college team playing against a junior high school team. 300 pound men getting put on their back like dominoes! And then on defense, Kiko Alonzo! That dude was getting embarrassed all day! Man he really sucks! I can't believe he is in the starting line up. Or even in the NFL.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 08:22:20 am »

I don't understand why opponents don't just bring pressure on every single play. The Dolphins can barely stop 4 guys with their 5 man OL - and that only if the defense promises not to mix it up with stunts or any o' that fancy trickery. The Dolphins OL loves spreading out and defenses can just bring an extra guy in any gap they want. And on the rare occasion  where they keep tight, just bring a 5th guy from the outside (and might as well just let one of the interior guys drop back into coverage, no need to actually bring 5).

It's disgusting. Tunsil got beat for a straight sack where he barely touched his guy. Ja'Wuan James got beat a couple times, both straight rush to the inside (with barely a fake to the outside) and on a stunt. On said stunt, Tannehill went the only place he could and the tackle (not sure who was in on that play) tried to find someone to block (since James had taken "his guy") and basically ran Tannehill down before the defender (stunting outside, where James *should* have been) could finish with the sack.

Remember that sack in the first half with the play-fake where Tannehill didn't even get turned around again before getting sacked?

And on the rare occasions where the oline held up, everything else just fell to bits. One drive went:
- Receiver trips and falls down while running an out, pass (fortunately) incomplete.
- Hand-off to Gore, but 3 double-teams and no one blocking any of the 4 linebackers in the box means he barely makes it back to the line of scrimmage. Yes, we had 7 guys blocking 4 guys, with the D showing 8 in the box.
- Tannehill completion 25 yards through the air negated because the receiver stepped out of bounds on a simple comeback before catching the ball, untouched.

Yeah, that's some quality play there.

Coaching staff gets my SotG, although there were plenty of poor individual performances.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:25:33 am by fyo » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 10:49:31 am »

I'd have to think it was scheme for Tunsil to have gotten beat that badly. I believe he hadn't given up a sack this year and very few QB hurries. He's actually been very good ... especially in the passing game. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 01:12:26 pm »

Ray Finkle.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 03:32:33 pm »

He has already been burned on this, like when he called out the kicker mid-game as SOTG and then that kicker went on to kick a 44-yard FG to go to overtime, where the Dolphins won.

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=22122.0

I remembered that when I re-read the thread you posted.  LOL   Someone should start a "D4L's Greatest Hits" thread.   Dude has had some classics for sure. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 11:37:16 am »

It's disgusting. Tunsil got beat for a straight sack where he barely touched his guy.

I think you are mistaken. Dave Hyde said this morning that Tunsil still hasn't given up a sack all year and Omar Kelly just said Tunsil didn't give up any sacks last week against Minnesota. He said a couple of pressures but no sacks.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray