Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:17:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Why the Dolphins will never permanently switch to the throwback uniforms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Why the Dolphins will never permanently switch to the throwback uniforms  (Read 8530 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 11:11:25 pm »

Ultimately, I just don't see how the difference between this:

and this:

...is enough to call the new uniforms hideous and insulting.

As I've said before, I've love it if the new uniforms went to the same shade of aqua as the throwbacks.  But the idea that we, as fans, are embarrassed more by the "cartoon whale" than the previous "cartoon whale wearing a football helmet" is silly.  I'll happily take the new aqua if it means we don't have to go back to the old logo.

I think that's a little cheeky picking out two very generic photoshopped online store picks to say how similar the jerseys are. Let's take a look at what the real ones look like out in the field...

vs

I'll take the Dolphins real logo and real colours seven days a week instead of that pastel pisstake that's been forced on us.

Ps. We just happen to win a hell of a lot more in that old uniform too by the way...
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 02:26:09 pm »

Someone put up a pole with only 2 simple choices. Old or new. That should give a basic consensus.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 03:20:47 pm »

Someone put up a pole with only 2 simple choices. Old or new. That should give a basic consensus.
Or a Poll, that would work too. Sorry couldn't help it but putting up a pole just seemed wrong to me. Smiley

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 03:47:41 pm »

Or a Poll, that would work too. Sorry couldn't help it but putting up a pole just seemed wrong to me. Smiley
Hahaha, good catch. Guess that's what I get for dual screen multitasking while eating lunch. Not the worst typo that I've accomplished in my life, LMAO....

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 04:11:19 pm »

i did an image search hoping to find a pole with two signs old and new. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2018, 02:01:44 pm »

Happy Festivus !!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2023, 11:29:31 am »

Even Roger Goodell likes our throwbacks! The time is near!! Hahaha

“Well frankly, nearly everyone in the league offices thinks that the Miami Dolphins throwbacks should be their primary uniforms. They are the one team in this league that I think most fans would be in favor of the old look coming back” - Goodell when asked about his favorite uni.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2023, 12:28:59 pm »

Even Roger Goodell likes our throwbacks! The time is near!! Hahaha

“Well frankly, nearly everyone in the league offices thinks that the Miami Dolphins throwbacks should be their primary uniforms. They are the one team in this league that I think most fans would be in favor of the old look coming back” - Goodell when asked about his favorite uni.

Let’s gooo
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2024, 09:00:04 am »

Not that it isn't pretty obvious but Dan Marino says he would like to see the Miami Dolphins use the throwbacks uniforms full time but also says that he doesn’t think owner Stephen Ross will do it and that he thinks Ross “doesn’t want to hear it anymore”. Listening to Joe Rose further explain it sounds like Ross likens to new unis to his regime and doesn't want to change back. He gave in on things like the orange carpet, celebrity entrances, and T-Pain Dolphin song change but it doesn't sound like he will on this.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2024, 12:47:17 pm »

I can't say I love the new unis, but I recognize that they're part of the history of the team now and I do equate them to this era.

I wish the NFL would loosen its rules and let us wear multiple kits in the season.

Current Kit
90s Throwback
80s Throwback
Alternate that is new every few years.  Could be Vice, Color Rush, Orange, etc.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2024, 05:20:46 am »

It's also worth mentioning that from a marketing perspective, the new logo is less complex and easier to reproduce on merchandise (where it may need to be small).  This is a common theme in updated logos; you can see that the turn-of-the-millennium updated logos of the Broncos, Ravens, Patriots, and even the NFL itself all follow this pattern.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray