Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:06:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Josh Gordon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Josh Gordon  (Read 2974 times)
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« on: December 20, 2018, 12:11:34 pm »

Just saw that he's announced he's leaving the Patriots to "focus on his mental health" and that a lifetime ban from the league is in the works.  For the sake of everyone involved, I hope this clown didn't fail another drug test   

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 01:31:49 pm »

I have been waiting.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 01:46:32 pm »

The pieces are falling in place for the Patriots to lose out and us to win out.  We are the 5% fellas.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 02:12:08 pm »

The pieces are falling in place for the Patriots to lose out and us to win out.  We are the 5% fellas.
Don't let anyone spoil your dreams!!!!  Evil

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:29:59 pm »

I guess it is easy for me to say this having (thankfully) never been addicted to alcohol or drugs, but I just never understand the thought process on throwing away a career that has made someone a multi millionaire in this fashion. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 04:15:42 pm »

I don’t see that affecting the next two games.  Does lower their prospects in playoff games.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 06:26:37 pm »

double and triple team gronk, keep 9 in the box to stop the run.. how is new england scoring now?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 11:29:59 pm »

double and triple team gronk, keep 9 in the box to stop the run.. how is new england scoring now?

Edelman and Patterson.  Plus James White can catch the ball in space and take it to the house

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 01:33:19 pm »

I guess it is easy for me to say this having (thankfully) never been addicted to alcohol or drugs, but I just never understand the thought process on throwing away a career that has made someone a multi millionaire in this fashion. 

I have family members and friends who are battling addiction.  It is not an easy thing to overcome.   That being said, the NFL needs to remove weed from the banned substances list.   It is not an addictive drug and actually helps with pain management.   Way better than the pain pills the doctors approved by the NFL give these guys.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 06:31:07 am »

I have family members and friends who are battling addiction.  It is not an easy thing to overcome.   That being said, the NFL needs to remove weed from the banned substances list.   It is not an addictive drug and actually helps with pain management.   Way better than the pain pills the doctors approved by the NFL give these guys.

The NFL actually has a "Pain Management Committee" and they have been actively studying cannabis for pain relief since at least 2016.

The scientific data is very inconclusive on cannabis for pain relief right now. Most studies I've seen have shown very little efficacy, with the most promising studies showing "moderate" pain relief, but without solid comparisons to other pain relief methods. The biggest promise right now seems to be for some very specific types of pain, and as an additive, used in combination with a existing pain medication where the cannabis would increase overall patient quality of life by reducing nausea and joint swelling.

Finally, I'd just like to point out that alcohol also works wonders for pain relief under certain circumstances Wink
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 04:48:44 pm »

BUMP  

The NFL sent shockwaves through the league today by reinstating Gordon.   So for failing another drug test, he only gets a five week suspension basically.   This, combined with the Robert Kraft incident means that Goodell is definitely not fit to be the commish of this league.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 05:02:43 pm by BuccaneerBrad » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 07:38:22 pm »

BUMP  

The NFL sent shockwaves through the league today by reinstating Gordon.   So for failing another drug test, he only gets a five week suspension basically.   This, combined with the Robert Kraft incident means that Goodell is definitely not fit to be the commish of this league.

It happened three days ago, not today.  And the shock waves were so minor it took you a few days that notice it happened.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 09:09:26 pm »

It happened three days ago, not today.  And the shock waves were so minor it took you a few days that notice it happened.

It only broke yesterday that he had been reinstated.   And I'm now convinced that Kraft has Goodell in his pocket.   Gordon was doing a lot more than just simply smoking weed.   It should be 2020 before he is considered for reinstatement.   And Kraft should be forced to sell the team after his little escapade down in Florida.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2019, 04:30:10 pm »

BUMP

Josh Gordon, now with the Seahawks, has been suspended for PED use.   How many chances does this guy get??

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 05:15:35 pm »

+1. That's how many chances he gets, however many chances he has been given so far + 1.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray